Suunto Zoop discontinued ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k4kafka

Contributor
Reaction score
Seeing the amazing little Suunto Zoop wrist dive computer selling on deep discount and listed as "discontinued" on several other store websites here in the US. If I buy one, anyone know if this computer will still be able to be serviced/calibrated ?

You are correct, the original Zoop has been discontinued and the new Zoop Novo has been introduced and is now available. However, service for the original Zoop will still be available.

You are correct, the original Zoop has been discontinued and the new Zoop Novo has been introduced and is now available. However, service for the original Zoop will still be available.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Searching for information on 2016 Suunto Zoop Novo yields little. Most places are "back ordered",and one place said Suunto has changed distributors in the US.The Suunto website still shows the original Zoop, with no mention of the new Zoop Novo. Interesting...

What I understand is that the Zoop Novo has a 4 button interface instead of a 3 button interface. A new USB cable design, and larger segment screen. Its also Backlit.

Thanks for the update. Why doesn't Suunto show this on their website ????

What serviced would you do other than changing a battery?

This is not meant to be snarky or to slam Suunto, genuinely curious

What service do you usually do with your dive computer ? Calibration,maybe...

Well if you are in the Keys and see the low battery light and the store will not put batteries in for you so you do it yourself and promptly flood your computer my LDS (also a major service center) cleaned and dried it out and got it back to functioning for very little money. Computer has been working fine ever since about 5 years ago.

Now I get the batteries in both computers (Aeris and a Zoop) replaced each year with BCD/regs servicing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom