Wanted Blue Apollo Split Fins LL (extra large) - one or two

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drdaddy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Blue Apollo Split Fins LL (extra large) Wanted (actually, if you have one - that would be even better :) )

I thought I had a pair located, but the seller was mistaken.

I was diving on Friday on Newport Oregon's Yaquina Bay South Jetty. While waiting for my entry I let a large surge wave flow by me. The wave grabbed and tore one of my fin from my hand. In the hundreds of dive from this Jetty, I have never had this happen before, and I will not let it happen again. But it did happen and then it pulled one of my favorite fins into the Bay. I climbed up to the truck and retrieved another pair and spent my first dive hunting for my Blue Fin, but, alas, it was gone. This was an exceptionally high tide followed by a minus tide so the chances of ever seeing it again are very small. I did let the local dive shops know and I will also call Oregon State University Marine Science Center and Oregon Coast Aquarium and let them know as well.

I love my Blue Apollo Split Fins, but I'm not buying another new pair. I may just have to settle for black.

Please contact me if you have a pair of LL (extra large) that you would like to get rid of.
Thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom