Key Largo wreck advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I lived down there for a Winter and enjoyed the Bibb and the Duane. Seemed like the times I hit the Spiegel viz was not as good, but when it is it's great. Thought some ops were not doing the Bibb anymore but that was years ago with OD. There was a shark that hung around under the Bibb and a turtle that liked the Duane. Whatever you do I'm sure you will have a great time. Just go see Dick Rutkowski if your thinking about Northern Lights

Queen of Nassau is 285'. Dove alot less frequently by the Tech shops as they have a minimum number of trimix CCR divers to make the run.

Did the sea level rise that much this year? 285'? More like 225....maybe 230.

I will be spending the a week in Key Largo in March and will be doing the Spiegel and Duane for sure, but am looking for suggestions as to which wrecks are the best to dive on. I will be going with Horizon divers as last time we were out last October they were awesome. I will be diving my Prism and trimix for anything deeper than the spiegel. I appreciate any suggestions and if anyone wants to join me, I'm always up for a buddy or two.

Let me know when you are down here an I will try to hit the SG with you. I will not be trimix yet on the Prism so it will be shallow for me....

What are you dates in March?

I'm heading down to Key Largo with family for a short trip March 5-10th. I'm planning on bringing my rebreather and hoping to get at least 3 days of diving in. I think we are looking to dive with Rainbow Reef Divers but nothing set in stone yet. Last time I was in Florida Keys was in 2009 so it's been quite a while since I've dove there.

Did the sea level rise that much this year? 285'? More like 225....maybe 230.
Typo. I meant 235.
The Vitric is at 285.

Typo. I meant 235.
The Vitric is at 285.
Vitric is 285 at the highest point of relief. Its 300-310 at the sand.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom