Current dive conditions- Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Visibility and water temperature please. We are diving Feb 3-8th, 2016 Yep, comin' RIGHT up! Hoping to see a parade or 2 from the pool deck at Casa Mexicana or maybe Barracuda if we are invited! :)

Water temperatures have been consistent at 81 since we arrived last Saturday.
Viz has been OK except for this mornings first dive. It was good to start but as we drifted to the north it worsened to the point where the DM called the dive and we jumped back onto the boat and headed further south to La Francesca where it was good again. There is a strong wind blowing out of the west today and according to the DM it is stirring things up in the northerly sites.

Visibility and water temperature please. We are diving Feb 3-8th, 2016 Yep, comin' RIGHT up! Hoping to see a parade or 2 from the pool deck at Casa Mexicana or maybe Barracuda if we are invited! :)

Windy tonight...port was closed this afternoon and it's a tossup whether there will be diving tomorrow

I'm finishing my second week here and there have several less than ideal days since the 15th. Currents have been strong...visibility varied, mostly middle of the road. On the 21st the port as closed during our first dive and we were going over 6' swells getting back to the marina.

But there have been nice days too! Stay flexible and be ready to grab the good days when they come...

81 degree water yesterday, viz variable 50-80, What Token sez above still applies. Norther tonight they say. windguru.com shows north winds for a few days to come. Wunderground.com sez about the same.....

Here right now diving with Aldora.

A few variable viz dives and strong currents on Maracaibo, but still good diving.

Here are some vids I took.

Port closed yesterday all day, open today, Saturday! Still grey skys, 66F air temp early--warming to 70ish, 5-6 ft seas,
winds out of the north--we might dive tomorrow! We shall see.

The video cams on the web look pretty rough. Were you able to dive today?

Ron, watching your video made me think, "Wow, we saw a turtle having lunch on a coral head identical to your dive"! And than I realized, it was the same dive! Nice diving with you.
Enjoy the rest of your vacation! We are sitting in Toronto waiting for our connection back to Calgary. :(

Here right now diving with Aldora.

A few variable viz dives and strong currents on Maracaibo, but still good diving.

Here are some vids I took.

Ron, watching your video made me think, "Wow, we saw a turtle having lunch on a coral head identical to your dive"! And than I realized, it was the same dive! Nice diving with you.
Enjoy the rest of your vacation! We are sitting in Toronto waiting for our connection back to Calgary. :(
Nice diving with you as well.

That was easily our favorite dive of the week.

Get home safe. Maybe we will see you again in coz.

Back
Top Bottom