Curacao Dive Site Map and Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvleemin

Contributor
Reaction score
All,
I'm heading to Curacao in March for my first trip there after many trips to Bonaire. As I've read, unlike Bonaire it can be a bit tricky to find dive sites in Curacao, so I was hoping to find some could resources that not only identified the best sites, but had good directions on how to find them.

The first thing I did was buy the Curacao Dive Guide: Curaçao Diving Guide - Now available - the digital version of the Curaçao Diving Guide

That was a complete waste of money - it's basically useless. Good thing is that it wasn't too expensive, but hopefully other people won't make the mistake of buying it.

The best info I've been able to find is here: Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Curacao, ABC Islands

So is there any better resources that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Darryl

diving.jpg

Someone pointed out the Curacao App in the google play store. We found it quite useful. Not entirely comprehensive, but useful! Also was pointed out to use Google Maps. The latest version allows you to download an area and use it offline so you don't hit your data plan! Worked great! Wasn't really very difficult finding sites. Basically one main road. Turn off and find your beach/site at the water! We had a blast (last dec.)! We really enjoyed the difference between Bonaire and Curacao. Have a great trip!!!

Someone pointed out the Curacao App in the google play store. We found it quite useful. Not entirely comprehensive, but useful! Also was pointed out to use Google Maps. The latest version allows you to download an area and use it offline so you don't hit your data plan! Worked great! Wasn't really very difficult finding sites. Basically one main road. Turn off and find your beach/site at the water! We had a blast (last dec.)! We really enjoyed the difference between Bonaire and Curacao. Have a great trip!!!
Interesting.

The problem I always thought of with things like this is that when diving I really don't want to leave my phone in the vehicle while I'm diving. Seems like a great way for it to get stolen ;(

Interesting.

The problem I always thought of with things like this is that when diving I really don't want to leave my phone in the vehicle while I'm diving. Seems like a great way for it to get stolen ;(

Yes of course, I should have made that clear! I used the app and google maps for planning as well as when we were out and about and not diving. We used the same rules as when on Bonaire, nothing left in the truck.

I wonder why people don't post websites, for those who are interested in more or proper information on scuba diving in Curacao.
There is much infromation available, even dive maps with the full locations and how to get to these places.
One such dive maps and location was published years ago by Uniek Curacao and can be found in the bookstores. At the tourism office, they also have ample material available. visit their website at www.curacao.com, The Carmabi Research Foundation also has ample info available, please visit their site at www.Carmabi.org

while you are in Curacao, please visit to following places; www.sea-aquarium.com, www.curacao-sea-aquarium.com, www.eventscuracao.com you should be able to get in the shop at sea aquarium some literature/books on the many dive spots in Curacao.Hope this information is satisfactory.

I wonder why people don't post websites, for those who are interested in more or proper information on scuba diving in Curacao......
Perhaps because with a simple search on this site you will find tons of info including links... Also are you implying that the info provided is somehow improper?

Back
Top Bottom