Allegro Cozumel with my LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slym

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I decided on what to do!

This past weekend when I was trying to put together a decent trip for myself after the certification, my local dive shop called and asked if I was interested in a trip I inquired about. I had be told when I asked, that it was cancelled because not enough people were going, but now they are!!!!

So this April I will be going to Allegro Cozumel to have the Ultimate Dive Experience. We are going out for two boat dives a day for a total of 11 during the week (one on a Saturday before we fly out) I will be doing my Open water check out dives there as well, and bonus is that it is with my LDS, so if nobody else in my position joins, it may very well be 1 on 1 with the instructor!

I have been to Cozumel a few times before as a port of call for cruises, the one thing I want to do again is see the ruins, I felt I was rushed through them with the cruise excursion so this time I will take as long as I want to see everything!!!

lol really hope I turn out to be an alright diver so I can enjoy the trip as much as I possibly can :D

Personally I'd skip the dive day of flying. But my risk tolerance may be different than yours.

You're going to have a great time! Was next door at the Occidental in December with my daughter and the diving was great. Since you are diving 11 times you can get too know the dive masters, which makes everything better. Have a good time.

That is great to hear! I hear all the staff there are great! And I like the added touch of a lounge with a self serve bar for divers.

Personally I'd skip the dive day of flying. But my risk tolerance may be different than yours.

I have no idea what kind of tolerance I would have to it, since I will be doing my open water check out dives. I might even switch the last day dive to a shore dive or something earlier in the week.

I would take the 24 hour no fly rule seriously. You can move the dives to earlier in the week.

If you feel up to it try a night dive! Much easier than you think and pretty interesting.

Let us know how it goes.

I know that the dive would only be a morning dive and our flight is an evening flight so at least 12 hours. There is still quite a bit of time to move things around yet still, I thought when they told me it sounded odd, but there is a good chance they might have second thoughts and move the one dive to another day.

A night dive would be fun, don't I need to be certified for that though?

Actually no certification is needed for a night dive. Maybe best to do it later in the week though as it does require a little more confidence in your diving skills, mainly because now you need to handle a flashlight. I would guess that if you are feeling good about your diving skills that a night dive will be ok for you. If you want to do it then make sure to ask the dive op to plan it for you. Normally they do not go every night, but usually only several times a week.

It sounds like a lot of fun! I'll more than likely give it a shot, are there any wrecks out there that anybody knows of that are within open water limits?

Back
Top Bottom