Hawaii rookie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 86

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Planning trip first week of August with wife and 15 year old daughter. I'm diving addict with no desire to recover, wife dives some, daughter refuses to dive but loves paddle board. Last trip to Hawaii was in 2000, before diving cert and was spent on Maui.

What advice can you share on island recommendation with a day or two of diving and the rest just great family time?

Generally better beaches on Maui, generally better diving around Kona on the Big Island. If you boat dive Maui, the options improve significantly over shore diving. For just a day or two you can find good diving on any of the islands.

My wife and I love Maui.
Good diving and Great Beaches. The entire west side of Maui is great for beaches. From the resorts in the north to the city beaches in Kihei, you can't go wrong.
Coconuts in Kihei is our go to lunch spot!
Lahaina and north of that is more resort area/tourist. We have been going every year for the past 12 years and love it.

Dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom