Fiesta Americana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NSMEDIC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anybody been to Fiesta Americana in Coz since they did the Renos? My wife and I stayed there pre renos and it was awesome then.

I have a Dr firend who has stayed there 2-3 times and says it is great. TA reviews seem good as well. Its a killer location if you dive...easy for any op to take care of you.

a definite yes-rooms are nice (ours was excellent)/people are friendly/3 restaurants /very nice breakfast and dinner buffet/a beachside burger; type place/a beachside ceviche.,etc place/ a "starbucks" style coffee place with Danish etc./2 pools/2 bars; and the best pickup (late) and drop off (first) times in coz; we spend 2-3 weeks there annually: one "potential" drawback- no in-house dive op: no prob-all dive ops from town can pick u up at the FA pier: def checkem out

We were just on Coz. There is a new hotel well south of the old Fiesta Americana also named Fiesta Americana. I just did not know if everyone was aware of this--it was new to me!!

The "old Fiesta Americana" is now, and has been for many years, the Hotel Cozumel and Resort. I do remember, many, many years ago (like in the early 1990s), when that was the location of the Fiesta Americana. But it's like ancient history. I can't even remember when the new Fiesta Americana was built, but it was long enough ago that it had gotten rundown and shabby, and needed a complete makeover.

The Hotel Cozumel has had multiple names that I recall...or forget.

I think the first name I recall was the Fiesta Inn. There may have been a dolphin name as well. I am not sure if google will reveal past names. But Fiesta Americana is not one that I recall.

From this link:

Hotel Cozumel

"Formerly known as the Costa Club Cozumel, Fiesta Inn or Brisas Cozumel for those of you that have visited Cozumel before!"

I'm sure you are right. I guess my 20+ year old memories are a bit hazy. But if that's the case, just what "old" Fiesta Americana is jimw referring to? I stayed once at the Fiesta Americana, several years ago well before the complete remodel. I'm only aware of that one location being called the Fiesta Americana.

I'm sure you are right. I guess my 20+ year old memories are a bit hazy. But if that's the case, just what "old" Fiesta Americana is jimw referring to? I stayed once at the Fiesta Americana, several years ago well before the complete remodel. I'm only aware of that one location being called the Fiesta Americana.
He is probably remembering the Fiesta, which is now Hotel Cozumel.

Yes, it was the Fiesta Inn when I arrived in 1992, then for a brief one month period (about 2001) it had THREE different names starting with Magic Reef as I recall. I never did understand it at all but they had complete street sign changes and everything-- but settled on Hotel Cozumel. Really weird it was.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

Back
Top Bottom