P-Valve Install in Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh yeah I forgot about my mask. That is in the right side as well on mine, but my valve is on the left.

I am still trying to work out trim issues in my DS. My feet keep floating up when I stop swimming, but I have no air in my feet. Putting small weights in pockets really help trim me out (not a good long term solution). I'm going to be trying heavier and longer tanks next month, but it's really the weights in my pockets right now that are pulling.

I know this is an old thread but I'm having issues installing mine, I think the orings that came with mine are to big, therefore the washers are not seating properly and the orings are almost Impossible to line up and have them stay in the correct position. Anyone else have this issue?

I installed a Dive Rite p-valve in my Fusion, and the p-valve body has a machined channel for an o-ring. The o-ring has to be fully seated in the channel as the p-valve halves are tightened up. The o-ring does have a tendency to come out of it's channel, but the solution is to apply a liberal amount of silicon paste to the o-ring to make it adhere to the channel. Just to clarify this is silicon paste not silicon sealant.

Don't know if that helps. What model of p-valve are you installing?

That's the same p-valve as mine. I would recommend using the o-ring.

I just don't have balls the fit one to my Bullet, yet.

Thanks for the instruction, I also like the idea to reinforce the area around the punched hole.

Does having the P-valve on the thigh tethering the core to the skin makes it any harder to don the suit? Or does donning the suit put much stress on the suit around the valve?

^^^ On my Fusion Sport I just mounted the P-valve through the drycore not through the Sport skin. I saw no advantage to mounting through both layers, and this does tie them together as you noted. A heavier skin like a Bullet might be different.

I assume the advantage is so your pee doesn't soak the outer wetsuit-like skin. Has anyone ever run a hose from the valve outlet on the core, down the leg inside the skin and out near the ankle?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom