2-13-16 - Clear water in WPB... Snorkeling Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Yesterday, we were pleasantly surprised by very clear water. We were concerned that all the freshwater "releases" as the lake and canals are dumping nasty water into the estuaries would ruin the vis, but we found a very unusual condition of the current moving south (even in 190 ft) and some areas of very clear water. Sharks were hungry as well.

Very cool, great video as always.

With the amount of dives/time in the water you have, do you get nervous about sharks anymore?

Apparently you are unable to hear the high pitched screams I make when they surprise me. They make me very nervous, they take too many fish and they get my heart pounding which makes it even harder to make a decent dive. Two people from my small dive club were attacked locally last year.

They give me headaches.. literally..

Bull Sharks are considered one of the more dangerous species. We see them with some regularity. As for the attacks, I think we assume they were bulls, but I am not sure there was any definitive identification.

We had really great viz in Northern Boca/Delray yesterday.
We could see the bottom at 95' while still on the boat.
I could easily see my dive pals 100' away while submerged.
We were doving in the 98'-45' range.
We did great on bugz, and slaughtered many Lions.
Water temp was 72°F.
Light north current.
I did not see a shark or a Hogfish.
Which is weird.
Usually I get body slammed by nurse sharks and have Reefies making an appearance or three when up there.

Chug
Does not miss living in the land of snow and ice.

. Sharks were hungry as well.

Cool trick by the cuda to lay on top of the bull so it couldn't bite him.

I gotta try that !! :)

Great video as always my friend !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom