Recommendation for Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the shout outs guys!!!!

Lots of great operators here on Oahu (and the outer islands too). It really boils down to how you want to spend your time here on your dives and what you value as a diver. I think it's best to see all sides of Oahu (when conditions permit) and go with an outfit who matches your style and personality. The great thing about Scubaboard is that it gives you a chance to get the info you want from others who have dived with us........ Not just from the point of view of the owner of the Dive Shop. LOL.

Hope this helps and please feel free to give me a shout if you have questions!

G

I thought I would bump this to the top. I am visiting Oahu the first week of April. I have not actually been to Hawaii since 2009. So I know things most likely have changed.

I also would like some suggestions. I dove a lot with Dive Oahu from 2005 to 2008. I liked the owner and staff there. On my last trip in 2008 they became a little less reliable. I also tried Island Divers, but was sold on a couple of Cosair Dives that were changed to shallow Reef dives after we had already boarded the boat.

So I guess my question is, who is reliable? and who usually dives the site advertised?

I have been away from Hawaii for a while, and want to have a good time diving in the week I have there.

I highly recommend Kaimana Divers. Where you dive always depends on conditions / currents, etc. Kaimana has been my dive shop for over 3 years. Book early, because it's getting hard to get a spot on the boat! They are that busy!

+1 for Kaimana.

I worked for a couple of years out there. Saw Gabe on the boats from time to time, always had much respect for what he did and how he did it. His divers always had big smiles.

Back
Top Bottom