Brinyte DIV10 "3000 Lumen" Canister light Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sent my DIV10 back to Brinyte HK after the switch died.

Brinyte repaired it and sent it back to me free of charge, they also threw in some of their new screws for the goodman handle and some new o-rings.

Thanks Brinyte!

Nope... can't even find a Dealer or a price for it.
The second Head seems a bit... err... useless.

For the right price and with a decent cable plus the right cable length (that's all that really bothers me on the DIV10, the ****** and long cable) it could be really interesting.. 8x removable 18650 sounds nice. Unfortunately, from the pictures it looks like they used the same cable again..

Edit: Found an Offer on Alibaba, looks like it's directly from Brinyte. US $533. No, thanks. Maybe with a single Head and for $200 or something like that.
Brinyte DIV20 Primary Canister 4000 Lumen Scuba Diving Equipment, View primary diving equipment, Brinyte Product Details from Shenzhen Yeguang Technology Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

Last edited:
I was able to get one to test and it just arrived two days ago. I just got the single head because as pointed out, two heads seems a bit useless but each to his own. Build quality seems quite good, The cable is a little stiffer than I would have liked but doesn't seem to bother me, 48" which for me seems like an ok length. The goodman handle is actually quite nice and fits perfect with dry gloves. Wouldn't want it any smaller. The light head seems to sit a little far forward on the handle making it feel unbalanced out of the water but in the water with the dry gloves on it wasn't noticeable. The only issues I note so far are that the switch on the light head seems a little flimsy and slightly smaller than I would like making it a little difficult to turn operate with dry gloves but time will tell. So far I just took it on one shallow dive to test it out (just over 12m/40 ft, in 7C/45f) but it performed well. A lot of rain recently so there was high turbidity and back scatter was a bit of an issue. Not sure what the beam is but for really mucky water a tighter beam would be nice. Won"t be sure till I can take it deeper which might not happen for a while due to other commitments. First impressions though are quite good. Blows my old DIY light out of the water and right up there with the Light monkey and Hollis lights I have used. Like I said though, until I take it into the really deep cold water I won't have a true test. and only time really tests anything.

Out diving with the light yesterday again doing dredging work on a wreck we found a few weeks ago. At times the silt was so bad that visibility was 0 (literally couldn't see the front of my mask). The light did cut through the silt better than I would have expected and the switch, which I am still concerned about worked great and despite my misgivings was easy to operate with dry gloves.

Is the DIV20 canister light really available yet? It's easy to find the DIV10 canister light from many sellers but I can only find the Brinyte listing on Alibaba for the DIV20 (with two light heads, and at too high a price to make worthwhile).

Anywhere other than direct from Brinyte with 2 light heads for >$500 on alibaba?

I haven't seen it anywhere else yet. I am considering carrying it, just the single head model, if we do not sure what are price will be as we are working out details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom