Thanks to all the guys in Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan

Knight Scublar
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just spent the weekend up there and had a heck of a time.

I got in Friday evening. Cat and I got the drift dive on the Conestoga done in some fun current, then we hooked up with JimC, his wife (Alicia? hope I spelled that correctly), and Matt for a night dive on the Rothesay. Loads of fun, but I'm definitely jealous of Jim's Helios.

Then on Saturday Cat and I did Lock 21 and 23. Some ripping current, a lot of pull and glide, but plenty of big fish and lots to see. That night we had dinner with Doppler and the gang (well.... lots of dessert, at least).

On Sunday we hooked up with an NTD captain's daugther and took her to the Cora Post after we couldn't find a space on any of the NTD charters for the morning. Hung around Kingston for a bit, then that afternoon got on board with Harold, who took us to the Comet then the Marsh for some very impressive wrecks.

The SOS barbecue was happening, and we stopped in, where I hooked up with FreeFloat and did a 10 PM dive at the Maritime Museum (where we encountered what appeared to be a class on how to most efficiently silt out your environment). Another Helios.. I had HID envy all weekend.

All great dives, and I very much appreciate getting shown around. Special thanks of course to Cat for putting up with me all weekend, and FreeFloat for the spare Walter Kiddie bom.. I mean, tank. I also want to apologize to JimC and Alicia for stealing so many of their delicious tamira sauce almonds and fresh tomatoes.

You guys rock. I can't wait to come back up.

Awesome diving up there isn't it? If you did a night dive on the Rothesay Friday night, I probably missed you by an hour :) Small world, eh? Actually, I think I saw Cat looking for a 'message rock' while Wifey and I were packing up our stuff...

-Frank

Hah, yes, she wanted to leave a message for JimC before we headed off to.. er, do something or other. So I saw you :p

jonnythan:
Hah, yes, she wanted to leave a message for JimC before we headed off to.. er, do something or other. So I saw you :p
Yeah - we were sneaking off to... get tank fills in Brockville :wink:.

Scuba-punk - that was definitely me. There's never a 'message rock' handy when you really need one.

I am glad to report that jon is hella fun to dive with and that he*insisted* on keeping the flag all to himself and doing the hard work of dragging it for the really bad upstream-to-get-to-waterworks bit in Lock 23 :p

Dessert is good - and you wouldn't believe how many tamira almonds I 'stole' from JimC and Alisia over today's SI :p

Tamari Almonds are the best damn SI Snack going.

If you don't mind picking almond bits out of your teath all dive. :)

It was a pleasure to meet you too... of course, it was dissappointing that you did not eat more icecream at DQ, but that's a topic for a whole other day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom