Hello from Colorado, soon to be Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyinjoe311

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yes, my wife and I have had enough of the winters and want to dive all year long. So we are moving to Florida. I'm over the moon about this because I really do enjoy diving and can't get enough! Any SCUBA couples in Florida looking to make two new friends?

If so shoot me a message, we will be out there in a month.

Joe

Where will you be residing in Florida?
Or do you know yet?

Chug
Does not like extended periods of cold.

We are looking in the Vero Beach, Stuart area. We want to get some land... Tired of living on top of our neighbors.

Anyways I love all diving... unless the vis is really low <3'. Also love camping and can't wait to do both on the same day!

We are looking in the Vero Beach, Stuart area. We want to get some land... Tired of living on top of our neighbors.

Anyways I love all diving... unless the vis is really low <3'. Also love camping and can't wait to do both on the same day!

you're in luck! check out the Vero Beach Scuba Club on Facebook or our website or our new forum here on SB. We have some 500 followers and about 100 members. We dive A LOT.

so come on down and ping me for a dive. i'll be happy to show you the local dive scene. And if you have any question about the Vero-Stuart area, i'll be happy to help!

I like camping too. The Keys have some nice state parks like Bahia Honda, Curry Hammock and Long Key. In most of the parks, the camp sites are very close to the water and you can listen to the waves lap the beach as you fall asleep. You have to plan ahead since spots go quickly, but you can camp and dive down there very easily. It makes for a fun long weekend

Last edited:
Awesome sportxlh! So... do you guys and gals go lobstering? I was just out there 2 weeks ago and due to high seas, wind, time... I couldn't get in a dive to trying lobstering. It looks like a lot of fun!

Lobstering is fun: note that this season will be coming to an end soon. You'll need a license, wait until you are an official resident since salt water licenses are expensive for out of state folks.

If you lobster in Jupiter or WPB, you'll need a lobster hotel (catch bag), lobster gauge to measure the carapace of the lobster and a tickle stick with a noose. I find a net is unwieldy while drift diving. In the Keys, a net is helpful since there are more places for bugs to run away to after you've tickled them out of a hole and there isn't the same sort of current.

I like to grill the tails on a BBQ. I use olive oil or butter (or both) salt pepper and sometimes a hot spice or bacon. If I'm adding a lot of stuff, I'll wrap the tails in foil.

Good luck!

Greeting from another Coloradoan, i lived there all my life, Fort Collins and then Denver until 3 years ago when i packed up and moved to Florida. Best thing i ever did.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom