First time diving Cozumel- Need Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am so glad I enjoy $40/night rooms.
mexican.gif

It was a very special anniversary 50 years

I second KMurray Blue Angel is clean the rooms are comfortable, some have small mini frigs, the bonus is the restaurant open for breakfast and lunch and now I think their open for dinner but lots of options in town for dinner.

I second KMurray Blue Angel is clean the rooms are comfortable, some have small mini frigs, the bonus is the restaurant open for breakfast and lunch and now I think their open for dinner but lots of options in town for dinner.
Rendez Blu, the restaurant at BlueAngel has always been open for dinner as far as I know. It's really convenient for eating after a night dive if you are staying there.

Thank you all for the amazing insight and input, I really appreciated it & believe me when I say it didn't make my decision easier LOL I started off considering 2 resorts- and wound up going for Blue Angel because of all the positive feedback as well as the amazing communication I've had with Melissa there. In all honesty, although this is my first trip to Coz- I highly doubt it will be our last :) Thank you again for all of the feedback-

Thank you all for the amazing insight and input, I really appreciated it & believe me when I say it didn't make my decision easier LOL I started off considering 2 resorts- and wound up going for Blue Angel because of all the positive feedback as well as the amazing communication I've had with Melissa there. In all honesty, although this is my first trip to Coz- I highly doubt it will be our last :) Thank you again for all of the feedback-
There are lots of great places to stay on Cozumel but I don't think you'll be disappointed with Blue Angel. When is your trip? I'll be there myself (Cozumel and Blue Angel) in May.

The Blue Angel will not disappoint, Jamie. I agree, they are really responsive to guests needs. We always request the same room on the third floor when we stay. A couple years ago we noticed one of the electrical plate covers (where you plug stuff in) was coming off the wall. Also, the shower head didn't work properly. So when I booked the following year, I gave them a list of items that needed attention (I did it in kind of a joking way and in a good spirit), and by golly, everything was done before we arrived! Sweet!

A couple things we take that make life easier:

A power strip that we can plug into the wall behind the table which is between the beds. (Our room has two double beds....some rooms have one king.) We bring computers, go-pros, tablets, and other items that need charging. It's too hard to find the other outlets in the room.

The room has a mini-frig and if you use anything in it, you find the charge on your bill when you check out. We go to Mega or Chedraui and do some shopping for water, sodas, beer, chocolate, snacks, etc. and bring them back to the room. We take all the stuff out of the frig that was in there originally and put it in a bag and store it in the closet until we leave. Then we put it back in the frig. This gives us the opportunity to put what we've purchased into the frig and not mix it up with what was originally there.

We always bring clothesline and clothespins with us to hang up all of our wet stuff after diving. You can drape items over the balcony rail, but there's usually not enough room for everything.

When you go up for breakfast (it's included in what you're paying for staying) and don't see what you'd like to eat, just ask if the chef will prepare whatever it is you want. Most mornings they have a breakfast buffet, but I am a picky eater and don't like most of the offerings (everyone else loves it!). I like oatmeal and I get it if I ask. Also, I like peanut butter on my toast....I ask and they bring some out. In other words, they are very accommodating.

I'm not sure when you're going to Coz, but if it's in the next couple of months you'll want to bring a boat coat. It can be darn chilly after diving when the boat is on the move to the next location. A lined windbreaker or a jacket with polar-tec is great.

When we were there the last time I needed to call my daughter in the States and didn't want to use my cell phone. The BA has a Magic Jack attached to a phone at the front desk and there was no charge for my phone calls. Nice! I don't know if they still offer that service....I sure hope they do!

A couple other things: We always tip our DM when the boat returns to the dock. He shares the tip with the captain. Some people wait to tip at the end of the week, however, you usually don't have the same DM the entire week. The DMs and the captains do a fabulous job! We also tip the ladies that keep our room clean. They work really hard and I know they appreciate being recognized for their work. They are a wonderful group of individuals!

There is a safe in the room to put your passport, wallet/small purse, etc. I have a Nexus 10 which doesn't fit into the safe. My husband has a laptop that doesn't fit. I have to say, we've been known to keep all of these things and more (Go-pros, dive computers, etc.) out in plain view and we've never had a problem. But, as they say, there's always a first time.

On last thing and then I'll sign off.....PLEASE make sure to bring a DSMB (safety sausage) and know how to use it. If you've never deployed one, please get some instruction from an instructor or DM. Cozumel is drift diving and there are always lots of boats around picking up divers. It's very hard for the captain to see a diver (especially if it's choppy) so a safety sausage is critical to be used. When we visited Coz about five years ago, we didn't have safety sausages but quickly learned how important they were. After our first day, we went to a dive shop and purchased them and got some instruction on how to use them. They are a must.

Have a wonderful trip and make sure to write it up when you return. Happy Bubbles!!!:):):):):clearmask::clearmask:

Have a wonderful trip and make sure to write it up when you return. Happy Bubbles!!!:):):):):clearmask::clearmask:[/QUOTE]
A power strip that we can plug into the wall behind the table which is between the beds. (Our room has two double beds....some rooms have one king.) We bring computers, go-pros, tablets, and other items that need charging. It's too hard to find the other outlets in the room.

Will a 3 prong plug on the power strip work?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom