Paradise night dive video of an Octopus 02/19/2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

very nice

Soooooo cooooool!! Thanks for sharing! The octopus is my absolute favorite, and that video is gorgeous. :)

Nice job, Tom.
thumb.gif

Thanks everyone. I just got home an hour ago. I've got some video editing to do for this trip. I'll post a finished product, eventually.

What's it doing? Hunting?

I'm not an octopus expert, but think he was trying to bluff me into retreating.

Fabulous, Tom Z! Your vid has inspired me to learn how to night dive. Thanks for sharing this short, but great video. :)

A lot of people are apprehensive about their first night dive. There were two other people with me an the DM on that night dive. One of them had never done a night dive before. She was nervous, but came up a night dive convert. Usually you descend as dusk, and it gets dark gradually. You're so interested is finding critters, you don't even notice it's totally dark for a while. By then you realize there's nothing to be nervous about.

Very well done. I bet you were having a blast.

You betcha!

Nice job, Tom.

Thanks Gary!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom