Deep Air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So if you show up to the shop with your tanks half full of 18/45 looking to get topped off with more 18/45 they charge you the same amount as if they were completely empty? That's bananas.
It happens more than you might think. I think this happens mostly with shops that don't do a lot of trimix and don't have a good system for charging. I once worked in a shop that did very, very little trimix, and it did not have a booster. Consequently, filling over a partially filled tank was problematic. They would have to bleed off at least some of that expensive left over gas in order to make the fill.

It happens more than you might think. I think this happens mostly with shops that don't do a lot of trimix and don't have a good system for charging. I once worked in a shop that did very, very little trimix, and it did not have a booster. Consequently, filling over a partially filled tank was problematic. They would have to bleed off at least some of that expensive left over gas in order to make the fill.

Exactly and yes it sucks but nothing you can do about it if you need the mix.

You might find this surprising, but some LDS have no morals at all and try for the money grab and tell you they had to dump when in fact they have a booster.. Most fortunately do the right thing.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom