Favorite 3 mm full suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We got Waterproof suits in the shop they looked great, so I grabbed one right away. I thought the fit was all wrong, and the pre-bent arms and legs just were not right. I felt arms and legs were short, but then I do have long arms. Worst thing was that after on one or two dives the knee pads started to peel off, they look like they are painted on and are very thin. I contacted Waterproof and they provided me a new suit, but I gave that suit to a friend for cleaning boat bottoms. Now very happy with my "cheep" Deepsea 3MMs which fit and hold up great. If you want to spend a bit more for great fit, try an Aqualung AquaFlex. Best suits I've ever had for features and comfort. My 5MM goes on like a 3 and seems as warm as my Henderson 7. Again, just my opinion/expirence.

bodyglove

Bare has a size, Medium-Large/Short, that fits my body perfectly. For that reason, I like both my 3 mm and 5 mm Bare Velocity suits better than I have liked more cleverly constructed or high-tech suits I have tried on. Getting a good fit is number one on the list of criteria for me. That Bare is economical is just a bonus.

I've been wearing the Bare Velocity for a few years. I've got at least 3 of them. My newest being the latest style available. I love this one even more than the previous iterations. Something new in the stretch. In any event, when I bought it last fall, I was told they're being phased out of the Bare lineup.

Oh Bare! :( Please say it isn't so! :(

@chillyinCanada ,
At the moment, the Velocity is still in the line-up. However, our product line is constantly evolving so we can't promise it will be around forever. Thank you for the nice review of the Velocity. We will be sure to share this with our product manager.
I've been wearing the Bare Velocity for a few years. I've got at least 3 of them. My newest being the latest style available. I love this one even more than the previous iterations. Something new in the stretch. In any event, when I bought it last fall, I was told they're being phased out of the Bare lineup.

Oh Bare! :( Please say it isn't so! :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom