Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeSullivan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am planning on doing Koh Phi Phi, Sipadan, and Komodo diving this summer, are there any other must see's in south east Asia while I am over there?

You are better off with Similan than Koh Phi Phi.
Don't count off Philippines: Malapascua, Southern Leyte and Tubattaha(liveaboard) just to name a few.

I'd scratch Phi Phi off your list altogether..if you want to dive in Thailand look to the similan Islands or Hin Duang and Hin Muang. Agree with Centrals re the Phils although I have only dived Puerto Gallera. Look at North Sulawesi - Bangka, Lembeh and Bunaken. Raja Ampat should knock your socks off too. Heaps more great dive sites around - even some good sites around Bali and Nusa Penida/Lembongan to add to your list

You are better off with Similan than Koh Phi Phi.

Have to agree, forget Koh Phi Phi

...Sipadan, and Komodo diving this summer, are there any other must see's in south east Asia while I am over there?

Komodo and Raja Ampat are absolutely amazing! By this summer I assume you mean the summer in the Northern hemisphere, June - Sept?

Southern R4 could be difficult June-August due to high winds and rough seas, some liveaboards stay and do north R4 and the Dampier Strait is still easy to access at that time and there are numerous land based resorts in that area.

The North in Komodo National Park should be fine at that time. The South will probably be a bit green and chilly, so most liveaboards will only spend a day or maybe 2 in the south. But there are still plenty of sites in the North for many days of diving.

Best Fishes!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom