Fiji In May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abaumruk

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
my wife and I are celebrating our 25th in May. We were booked at the Sheraton Tokoriki for 5 nights and then Matangi Island for 7 nights.
The Sheraton was hit pretty hard and is now closed until November for rebuilding. We were able to rebook at the Westin Denaurau using our points. We are disappointed though because we planned to snorkel and dive on Tokoriki and it doesn't look like there is anything right in Denaurau. What is our best option for diving while there for those five nights?
It seems that Matangi is ok and we will dive while there. Anyone have any reports of how the island actually fared and if the reefs in that vicinity are ok?

Friends who own a dive centre on Taveuni have reported that their reefs are doing great, still loads of corals and seafans and plenty of fish life.

Early reports look very promising indeed, with most sites in the Vatu I Ra passage showing minimal or no damage with the same story at Vatu Lacu and Midway!

Any suggestions for diving while on Denarau Island?

Any suggestions for diving while on Denarau Island?

Taxi up (early) to Pacific Harbor and do Bequa shark dive. Two outfits to choose from. Negotiate taxi price.

Back
Top Bottom