What was your deepest and...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're going to go really deep I hope you have an iPod or some form of entertainment because the multiple hours of deco gets really boring.

Last edited:
My deepest so far is 126 ft in Cozumel diving on a reef. If there is nothing to see then I look toward the surface. I'm still astonished with the amount of water above me, looking at the small spot of the sun at the surface. That is, if I can see the sun. Sometimes, below 60 feet later in the year when there is a sulfer layer, the dive becomes a night dive. Then, not to much to see. But, it's still fun.

Last edited:
61 meters during my AOW for Deep Diver.
When I say it like that it sounds like a stupid idea...

102 once in Coz, and the visibility was such that we could still see the sun on the surface. Most of the really interesting stuff that I've found is between 15' and 80' for so, with some really neat stuff to see along the wall at Ft Wetherill in less than 10'. You need to be REALLY on top of your buoyancy control to work that for any length of time...

Two hundred and fifty-something on the Superior City in Whitefish Bay, MI. If you penetrate you can actually go beneath the sea floor ... one of our divers did, but that's a big ship and there's plenty to see from the outside.

Locally I've been to several wrecks in the 200-220 foot range ... but don't really have much interest in going to see the deeper ones. It's dark down there, so there ain't much to see beyond the range of your light. And the water's cold ... so those long ascents don't appeal to me.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Two hundred and fifty-something on the Superior City in Whitefish Bay, MI. If you penetrate you can actually go beneath the sea floor ... one of our divers did, but that's a big ship and there's plenty to see from the outside.

Locally I've been to several wrecks in the 200-220 foot range ... but don't really have much interest in going to see the deeper ones. It's dark down there, so there ain't much to see beyond the range of your light. And the water's cold ... so those long ascents don't appeal to me.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The pilothouse of the Superior City is actually 300. A friend told me the forward cargo holds are deeper. I think the Cowle is a better wreck though.

The pilothouse of the Superior City is actually 300. A friend told me the forward cargo holds are deeper. I think the Cowle is a better wreck though.

As I recall I think the shallowest structure is at about 190 or so. But it's a huge ship, and on something of a slope. My friend who went inside the wreck got down below 320. But he was on a rebreather, and his dive was more than 3 hours long.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

140 ft on Bloody Bay wall little cayman. Was too enthralled with the incredible coral that just go bigger deeper we went. This was before dive computers and was using manual table. It was the first dive of the day. Next dive into got to enjoy not going below 30 ft. Yes it was worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom