What was your deepest and...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

58m Blue hole-Dahab

If your profile's accurate, that's insane! Been there, and at 210 feet I could look up and see the surface. It's an amazing place. And I'm thinking, given your quoted depth, that you went down to swim underneath the arch. But with effectively no bottom, it's the sort of place that puts a diver with 0-24 dives at risk of not surviving to tell everyone what a great dive they had ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My deepest dive was 62m on air, the place is calle 'Sainte Devote', off the coast of Menton, the French-Italian boarder, one of the prettiest dive on the French Riviera.

My deepest was 60 meters on the SS President Coolidge in Santo, Vanuatu on Air with a pony. Looking at the spare prop blade in the rear cargo hold and stopping on the way back for a quick swim in the pool. Epic (except for the lack of bottom time of course)

285 ffw at Cannonball Cave near Greenville, MO. Saw some cave adapted crawfish. Couldn't get past the restriction at 285 - but will try again when the flow is slower.

have you been to the top

If your profile's accurate, that's insane! Been there, and at 210 feet I could look up and see the surface. It's an amazing place. And I'm thinking, given your quoted depth, that you went down to swim underneath the arch. But with effectively no bottom, it's the sort of place that puts a diver with 0-24 dives at risk of not surviving to tell everyone what a great dive they had ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yes I have less than 24 dives hehe but I did some research before I went so i knew wat i was getting into..

I had a dive guide with me he was with me the whole time as well as my instructor (we had gone as a group with other divers for this trip),, I dont wana boast but I love taking risks and adventure and didnt wana miss this dive .. it was magical Im sure you agree,, yes we went below the arch.. at that time i didn't think i was narced but felt extreme happiness then the dive guide later told me i looked like i was drunk with happiness..

later the group revealed when we were all chatting after the dive that the other divers were all worried before the dive about me but I was completely in my own world and never panicked before or during the dive.. sometimes wen u know less its safer i guess :coffee:,, 2 divers who were in our group and who have been diving for more than 5 years,, panicked and one even ascended to around 30m and had his dive buddy looking around for him at around 62m,, but it all ended well

its a long story so don't wana write alot,, but was the best dive of my life so far :bounce:

Last edited:
Yes I have less than 24 dives hehe but I did some research before I went so i knew wat i was getting into..

No. You didn't.

I had a dive guide with me he was with me the whole time as well as my instructor (we had gone as a group with other divers for this trip),, I dont wana boast but I love taking risks and adventure and didnt wana miss this dive .. it was magical Im sure you agree,,

Yup - it is a nice dive.

People do bold and reckless things all the time. Sometimes they don't survive. Meh... Nothing astonishing here.

But your instructor and guide surprise me. If anything had gone wrong - their agency would certainly have thrown them under the bus for taking a new OW diver to 200 feet on air. And it's likely their professional insurance would have refused to pay.

Your estate would have ended up taking them for everything in court. Their participation is the part I find surprising.

I had a dive guide with me he was with me the whole time as well as my instructor (we had gone as a group with other divers for this trip),, I dont wana boast but I love taking risks and adventure and didnt wana miss this dive .. it was magical Im sure you agree,, yes we went below the arch.. at that time i didn't think i was narced but felt extreme happiness then the dive guide later told me i looked like i was drunk with happiness..

later the group revealed when we were all chatting after the dive that the other divers were all worried before the dive about me but I was completely in my own world and never panicked before or during the dive.. sometimes wen u know less its safer i guess :coffee:,, 2 divers who were in our group and who have been diving for more than 5 years,, panicked and one even ascended to around 30m and had his dive buddy looking around for him at around 62m,, but it all ended well

its a long story so don't wana write alot,, but was the best dive of my life so far :bounce:

Come back and visit this post in a few years, when hopefully you'll have learned a bunch of stuff you don't even know you need to know yet.

I suspect the difference between your trip and mine was that I was on doubles, with an 18/45 trimix, and deco bottles of EAN50 and O2. You were most likely on a single tank and air. Yes, you can do a bounce dive to that depth on a typical recreational cylinder ... but if anything goes wrong, you're likely going be joining all the other bodies at the bottom of that hole. The other divers were justified to worry about you. And your instructor's not showing good judgment taking you there. I had a friend who died on a similar type of dive with his instructor. The instructor survived, but he'll never teach again ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

61 meters during my AOW for Deep Diver.
When I say it like that it sounds like a stupid idea...
61 meters for the AOW deep dive?

What agency? That's roughly twice the limit for PADI AOW.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom