Pt-ep12 Port Internal Diameter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone here,

I would like to know if there's any Olympus E-PL7 users which can spend a little time measuring the PT-EP12 Internal diameter for me.

I'm still in the dilemma of choosing between E-PL7 and E-PL6. E-PL7 has everything better compared to E-PL6 except the fact that the lens port of PT-EP12 is too short for any macro capable lens.

But if anyone could help me to measure the internal diameter of the lens port, and it fits the 60mm macro lens and 12-50mm EZ lens, then I think I can buy the system and work out something. And send for hydro-static pressure test.

*If possible, also include a picture of the internal of the port. All help are very much appreciated. Thank you.

I can't measure it right now, but I can tell you it's the same as the other PEN housings.
I took the Zen 100 port off of my epl2 housing and put it on my epl7 housing. With this port, I can use the 9-18, 60mm or 14-42. I don't have a 12-50 so can't comment about that, but I would guess it fits.

I can't measure it right now, but I can tell you it's the same as the other PEN housings.
I took the Zen 100 port off of my epl2 housing and put it on my epl7 housing. With this port, I can use the 9-18, 60mm or 14-42. I don't have a 12-50 so can't comment about that, but I would guess it fits.

Thanks mate. The original port looks like it has a smaller front. i want to make sure that the internal diameter of the pt-ep12 port can fit the 60mm lens. So when I make an extension tube, my 60mm lens won't stuck at the front at the port.

I'm planning to make and extension to be placed between the original port and the housing

U have any picture to show the internal of the pt-ep12 orriginal port?

Last edited:
I'm at work so don't have access to measure and such now.
But, I can guarantee you it's the same size as the previous PENs and the 60mm will fit fine.
The 60 is actually quite small from a diameter standpoint. I've had the 9-18, 8mm and 60 all in this housing with the Zen port. The 9-18 & 8 have a greater diameter than the 60.

I'm at work so don't have access to measure and such now.
But, I can guarantee you it's the same size as the previous PENs and the 60mm will fit fine.
The 60 is actually quite small from a diameter standpoint. I've had the 9-18, 8mm and 60 all in this housing with the Zen port. The 9-18 & 8 have a greater diameter than the 60.
Thanks mate... really appreciate your help....

Back
Top Bottom