Hacking the m.zuiko 12-50 to get accesible macro in any house

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, sorry for too much questions. When we deactivate the macro mode(legoman legs up) does it go back to electronic zoom?

On an E-PL7(not sure abt E-PL6), my friend told me we can customize the left & right button to zoom in and out 1mm every press.

Or if I print a zoom gear, any way to set if back to manual zoom?

Eskilj,
I have a question for you not related to the 12-50.
Seeing as how you know your way around the inside of a lens, have you seen the following error from an olympus lens:
"please check the status of a lens"

I am getting this on a 9-18 of an em5 & epl7 when I zoom past about 13mm on the lens.
I then have to cycle power on the camera and of course, bring the lens back to the 9mm position.

Thanks for any insight.

That is an old thread!!
Timz, Yes, it goes back to e-zoom when you leave macro, 42mm, just like when you move the zoom ring one click back on the lens.
Changing from manual zoom to e-zoom is a mechanical thing - you can do it without power on the lens. My electrical hack doesn't change that.

Chris
It reports that when the motors don't behave like the camera/lens expect (a timeout). Sounds like a beginnig defect in the lens mechanics.
If you are lucky it could be bad contact on the connectors between lens and camera.
Best wishes, Eskil

Eskilj,
I have a question for you not related to the 12-50.
Seeing as how you know your way around the inside of a lens, have you seen the following error from an olympus lens:
"please check the status of a lens"

I am getting this on a 9-18 of an em5 & epl7 when I zoom past about 13mm on the lens.
I then have to cycle power on the camera and of course, bring the lens back to the 9mm position.

Thanks for any insight.
That is an old thread!!
Timz, Yes, it goes back to e-zoom when you leave macro, 42mm, just like when you move the zoom ring one click back on the lens.
Changing from manual zoom to e-zoom is a mechanical thing - you can do it without power on the lens. My electrical hack doesn't change that.

Chris
It reports that when the motors don't behave like the camera/lens expect (a timeout). Sounds like a beginnig defect in the lens mechanics.
If you are lucky it could be bad contact on the connectors between lens and camera.
Best wishes, Eskil
Very common error on the 14-42 as well. I sent my 14-42 in for repair. Around $90 canadian.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom