Spiegel Grove X 2 Monday, 3/28/16, Report,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
higher than forecasted winds/seas this AM on the SG. sunshine, wind S @ 10+ KTS, seas 2-3FT. double on buoy SG4(portside crane): minimal current, mediocre particulate green/blue viz around 40FT, water temp 77F @ 60-90FT. quiet on the big wreck today. pics provided by timg,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• sg1.png
    sg1.png
    740.8 KB · Views: 93
  • sg2.png
    sg2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  • sg3.png
    sg3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
  • sg4.png
    sg4.png
    688.8 KB · Views: 96
  • sg5.png
    sg5.png
    791.6 KB · Views: 93
  • sg6.png
    sg6.png
    880.2 KB · Views: 96
  • sg7.png
    sg7.png
    646.8 KB · Views: 99
  • sg8.png
    sg8.png
    878.7 KB · Views: 91
  • sg9.png
    sg9.png
    836.5 KB · Views: 91
  • sg10.png
    sg10.png
    760 KB · Views: 99
Tim, beautiful photos, too many good ones to pick favorites. Is that a Scorpionfish with its mouth open? Both shots of the Rock Beauties, the Scrawled Filefish, and the juvenile Spotted Drum are gorgeous. I particularly like the Hamlet, Barred or something else? Makes you want to be there

Last edited:
@reefman
Who did you go out with? I am going to be in S Fla the first week of June and would like to do a double dip on the SG as well.

dove off my boat. the majority of upper keys dive operators regularly schedule double dips on the SG,,,,,,,,,check their advance schedules online or phone the shop,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Awesome photos! Tim is a gifted photographer and Phil is a gifted captain! You're like the dynamic duo!

Tim, beautiful photos, too many good ones to pick favorites. Is that a Scorpionfish with its mouth open? Both shots of the Rock Beauties, the Scrawled Filefish, and the juvenile Spotted Drum are gorgeous. I particularly like the Hamlet, Barred or something else? Makes you want to be there

Thank you scubadada. Yes, same scorpionfsh that is below Phil in the next photo after the mouth open shot. I think you are referring to the redspotted hawkfish (sg10)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom