Packing, Travel and Diving Tips for the SB Invasion to the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We filled the form couple of days ago, not sure if we have to receive some kind of confirmation... I marked, send a copy to my mail and never got it :) any idea about how long it takes?

Not sure.

10330428_1696337710622842_8401810823800291391_n.jpg

FYI if any body needs some of their products before our trip.
Good through Monday, March 28th, 2016

I can't get to the Atlantis website at all. I know I was able to get there somewhat recently. My network or ISP just doesn't like something about it now. (Possibly because all their stuff is insecure?)

So if I turn off wifi on my phone and use cell data I can access it. Which brings up a different question, now that I see this I realized I already have an account since I was on the Azores last year. (And apparently had no trouble accessing it then.) Am I supposed to just wipe out all the info that's in there from the last visit and enter new stuff? Not that I'm going to attempt this on my phone.

This was the answer from Atlantis. "Regarding the online registration, you may simply replace the info that changed such as the date and where your going. You may to remember your password for all your info will be saved for their next trip."

Lost Passport & other US State Dept help:

U.S. Embassy Manila

1201 Roxas Boulevard
Manila, Philippines 1000

• Telephone +(63) (2) 301-2000
  • Emergency After-Hours Telephone +(63)(2) 301-2000
Also recommend registering with STEP:
  • Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
  • Help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
  • Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.

We filled the form couple of days ago, not sure if we have to receive some kind of confirmation... I marked, send a copy to my mail and never got it :) any idea about how long it takes?

Same here... still haven't received an email with my waiver information... good thing I took a screenshot of login and info.

Same here... still haven't received an email with my waiver information... good thing I took a screenshot of login and info.

I'm working on an answer. Do either of you have Comcast as your internet provider by any chance? They did say they were experience issues with that provider.

I am sure I am probably over thinking this, but....
There are baggage weight upgrades with higher weight limits and the fees are listed. Then there is the excess baggage and the price per pound. So my math does not come out for the fees of upgraded baggage levels to equate to the excess pounds of baggage. Is there a difference? If not why the price discrepancy? If so and we want to upgrade the baggage weight level, do we pay at CEBU Pacific where we pay the excess baggage fee?

Thanks,

Keith

I am sure I am probably over thinking this, but....
There are baggage weight upgrades with higher weight limits and the fees are listed. Then there is the excess baggage and the price per pound. So my math does not come out for the fees of upgraded baggage levels to equate to the excess pounds of baggage. Is there a difference? If not why the price discrepancy? If so and we want to upgrade the baggage weight level, do we pay at CEBU Pacific where we pay the excess baggage fee?

Thanks,

Keith
Hi Joe,
If I remember correctly- it gets added to the Atlantis resort bill
Audrey

Hi Joe,
If I remember correctly- it gets added to the Atlantis resort bill
Audrey

"Additional luggage for Cebu Pacific may be charged to personal bills at either resort. Current excess baggage fees are US$4 per pound for each leg of travel if purchased at the airport."

So how does one differentiate between additional luggage and excess baggage? If I ask enough stupid questions, will I be considered excess baggage?

Yes

You can either estimate the amount of xtra pounds you want by picking from the 5 options from Maduro or you can pay by the pound at the airport. It can be way more expensive to buy at the airport if you go way over the 66#. By the time I figure camer gear, dive gear and clothes for 2 weeks - estimate about 120#s of luggage.

If I pay at the airport it would cost 120-66 = 54 * 4/lb = 216 each way so $432 or I can pick option 2 and pay a total of $105

And that takes me in a full circle.
The upgraded baggage is different from the excess baggage, so how do I upgrade baggage with Maduro? Did I miss a form somewhere? Do I just call them and let them know? Otherwise I am just showing up at the airport with excess baggage telling them it is upgraded baggage? That is what I am having trouble understanding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom