Wreck C-53

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys I am going to Cozumel this Saturday, I was hoping to dive the scuttled wreck c53......
If you want to preview it, you can (virtually) scuba dive the C-53 with our eDiving scuba diving simulator :wink:

I have done it a couple of times and enjoyed it but wouldn't really care to do it again. You said most of your group is going to the cenotes, now they are incredible!

Maybe I'll rethink my decision, I thought the wreck was more impressive... although given I have never seen a wreck underwater it'll be the best wreck I've ever seen.

Slym, As a new diver you are of course very excited about seeing and doing it all and for you, wreck diving, at this time is number one on your bucket list. Going to see the C-53 is not a difficult dive, especially when currents are slow, however, before you head INTO your first wreck, it would be good to establish your basic skills such as buoyancy, breathing and especially for Cozumel, drift diving. Once you have some dives under your belt, then learn more about wreck diving and establish those skills. Also, keep in mind that Cozumel is known for the reefs, coral formations and Marine life. The wrecks available there are interesting enough to see a couple times, but definitely not what draws people to the island. Best Wishes to you as you begin your new adventure !!

Maybe I'll rethink my decision, I thought the wreck was more impressive... although given I have never seen a wreck underwater it'll be the best wreck I've ever seen.
I love your enthusiasm and wish I was diving with you.

Go dive it. It will be fun. I was a noob and there was a crap load of current and I was far more excited and impressed than I would have been going later in better conditions.

I like the C-53, been on it several times with different ops. Tell your DM you want to see it. It's not a difficult dive and you don't have to go to the sand. There is plenty of structure at 60'. It's not that big and I wouldn't do an hour on it. A few months ago I was on it with Aldora and we spent about 10 minutes on it then drifted over to Chankanaab Balones, seeing the sub pass by several times.

The C-53 is a good intro to wrecks, but the submarine sightings are great.
Submarine 2.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom