Sidemounting Stage Bottle In Backmount Config.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_mc

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi

Not sure if this post should go here or the Hogarthian Diving group... anyway, I'd like to sidemount a deco bottle instead of clipping to chest and hip d-rings when diving backmount.

I have bp/w and stage bottles with standard rigging kit, I understand that I'll also need a butt plate of some sort but my main questions comes around integrating the bungees to my current rig.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide (ideally with pictures) to help me set this up with my current equipment.

Thanks

I keep mine clipped to both d rings and just ran a loop of shock cord from one of the holes in the plate, under my arm and then onto the chest d ring. Works well enough for me.

I run a length of bungee cord and metal ring between my plate and lowest chest D-ring. I clip to this ring under my arm and the top of my clip is tight against the valve. The bottom clip goes to either my hip or lower back D-Ring.

I saw a post on here earlier this week where a poster came up with an alternative to a butt plate. He threaded a rigid D-Ring through a cam band on the bottom of the tank on his back.

Last edited:
Was just about to post that video.......

Aah I see, the bungees thread through the holes in the plate... got it, will have a play about and see.

Thanks

can we merge this with the thread on the subject that started last week?

anyway, follow that video, isn't terribly difficult. A loop of bungee to grab the valve knob is about all it takes to get it close. Much easier to kick around, though not all that much better for multiple bottles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom