Brand New Hollis 212 And Dc3-$149.00

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

221 DC3

Right on their website under specs. I've asked, the chrome they use on the first stage isn't O2 compatible. And before you say this isn't a 212, the only difference is the adjustment knob and purge cover. The issue is the first stage itself.

I found no mention of that on their website or in the manual, only that it is Nitrox compatible up to 40%...

Kind of like the label on Thermo Valves that firmly states they are intended for up to 40% O2. Yet a blender has no issue filling them with 100% O2 out of the box.

I'm calling BS on this one or that is simply a CYOA disclaimer by Hollis. I walk into my local technical dive shop and your tripping over deco cylinders with these reg sets on them.

Not buying it and I'm not sure it's good taste to post this on someone else's classified listing.

Dude, you can dive whatever you want, but a potential buyer should know the facts. If you don't want to take my word for it, ask Hollis.

Since JB pointed out that these are dangerous regulators, I decided to keep the second setup for my wife :)

I never said they were dangerous regs. Just not O2 compatible. I have 3 of them myself, 2 for stages and one is my GF's. They work great as long as you use them within spec. I was just one of those people who bought them for Deco regs and got upset when I found out I couldn't use them for that.

Just busting on ya :). These won't be seeing deco use.

Back
Top Bottom