Flights to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Definitely quit looking at prices once you book.

Booking a trip can be torture in this household. My wife will check prices almost daily for weeks in order to book at the lowest price, and then follow the prices for as long as she can after booking.
Good excuse to go diving so I don't have to listen to the moaning if the price goes down. "Gotta get used to this new(ish) piece of gear gear before the trip..." (OK... I'm already used to it, and maybe it is just a slate, a light, whatever, but she doesn't have to know that...). As long as I just hear bubbles instead of hearing moaning about changes in flight pricing.

Looks like seasonal flight options to Bonaire continue to change. I just found this today in the March 7 edition of the Bonaire Reporter:

bonair10.jpg

I did make a mistake on the Houston vs. Newark timing- I looked at so many options that I got confused.

Unfortunately, the other issue is the later arrival time- we need to arrive mid-afternoon on Saturday. I am seeing $937 for Delta and $1116 for United for the week of the group trip. If we were going a week later, it would be only $650 per person. It makes me wonder whether we should go on our own instead of with the group.

we are going to Aruba April 28 to May 5 we have been there many times, my sisters friend wants to rent this Condo of course last minute has two bed rooms at Marriott Surf Club $875.00 per couple (week), we are trying to find another couple we plan to use Jads Dive shop they said they would pick us up there, we figure we could do cooking there to save some money, if anyone lives in Chicago area we fly out of ORD, sent me a PM with your phone number, as she is only holding it for another day!
Thanks, Rick

I am getting ready to book a weeks stay in Bonaire for the middle of April. We usually fly on United on most of our trips. So I start looking at flight times for a Saturday to Saturday trip. It looks like the only flights coming from Chicago don't get into Bonaire until 6:50PM.They have gone from the red eye flight, to a morning flight, now arriving in the evening. Looks like the only way I can get there early is to spend the night in Newark then catch a 9:00am flight to Bonaire. Does anyone know why United keeps changing their flights. Besides, they can if they want to. I really don't want to do the puddle jumper from Aruba. Any suggestions
Thanks
Jeff

Jeff,

I am an extremely loyal United customer with a million+ lifetime miles so I am (jokingly) saying that I don't go to places where United doesn't fly to. Your BON options with United would be through EWR or IAH. In order to get there early, the only option is the EWR flight since IAH-BON arrives around 7pm. Not good for the vacation and diving plans hence I opted to stay overnight at EWR airport hotel and take the morning flight, instead of the convenience of arriving on the same day.
The flights change based on the aircraft availability, high/low season, crew rest times, you name it .... I hope you got your travel plans sorted out and have a wonderful time in Bonaire!

I was looking at the total travel time that the airline estimates from Boston- so it is 7hrs 40 min through Atlanta or Newark, but over 12 hours through Houston. It might be because of more layover time via Houston.

Having never done this before- how early/late do most people book their flights?

I book mine 1-2 months in advance. But it really depends on the destination and time of the year. If I try to get inexpensive summer travel tickets, then even earlier. Also, you want to booking in the middle of the week as flights are more expensive on the weekends. Lastly Tues-Thu departures are often better priced compared to the weekend departures - this obviously doesn't apply to many island destinations such as Bonaire as there are only a couple of flights a week, so it is "take it, or leave it" kinda situation.

As I don't have kids and don't need to planning for anyone else but myself, I sometimes book the last minute flights, if I happen to see good deals.

Last edited:
Anyone have experience trying to change reservations on United? Especially with short notice. My trip is April 23 - May 1 (SFO - IAH - BON) and I have to look into coming back a day or two early. Will be calling United later today. Website doesn't show any available flights but I don't know if that means they are full, or too soon, or ??? I don't have any special status on United. I believe there is a change fee and then you have to pay any increase in airfare. Any advice?

I called United for tickets. There website said 827 Newark to Bon on July 23 to August 6. After calling got the flight for 625 plus tax. It's a pain to call but sometimes I've gotten better deals

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom