Just Bought A Perdix - I Love This Thing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SunTunnel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Okay, so I've not actually taken it diving yet, but as we're off to Coz at the end of April for a very short anniversary treat (no kids in tow), I'll get to give it a test run soon. I've been reading the instructions and watched a few YouTube videos on set-up and customization - so have configured things the way I would like them to be.

My old Suunto Stinger, (going on 16 years old now), finally died on me. I wasn't planning on spending quite as much as I did to get the Perdix, but our local dive shop gave me a 20% off card to use, so hey ho....what the heck, you only live once.

I've used and played around with various different brands and models of dive computers over the last 18 or so years that I've been diving, but have been completely blown away at how user friendly the Shearwater is.

I don't buy gear to have the latest and greatest, but I'm so very happy that I bought this. It's has more than enough features and customizability for me, and I love the fact that it treats me like a grown up and lets me just dive and be the responsible party in this relationship. (I do wonder without audible warning alarms whether it's a suitable computer for many new divers who may actually find that feature useful when they start out though).

Anyway, the old Suunto served me well, but sometimes it could be pretty annoying too.

Anyway, a massive thank you to all the Shearwater fanboys (and girls) on Scubaboard, who after reading posts from, pushed me to take the plunge and buy Perdix.

Cheers,

Ollie

You wont need or miss AI diving sidemount. The gauges (should be) very easy to see.

Yep, I dropped AI when I went side mount, bought a Petrel and never missed the AI at all.

I do have a hose connected console computer (Atomic Cobalt II) that I use when on single tanks and twinsets, but even then I use the wrist mounted Petrel as my Primary computer, and normally use the Cobalt as the backup.

Phil.

I used a Uwatec Luna for years with AI and thought for sure I would miss it, but I don't at all. I love my petrel 2, though I would buy a Perdix if someone offered me a fair deal on my petrel just because I like latest and greatest stuff -- I have no shame :D

Just got back from a week's diving with the Perdix. I'll never need another DC. It is awesome.

I'm currently using a perdix and a petrel 2 - you guys are right you probably won't ever need to buy another DC - unless you want to buy the next model of shearwater lol. Good thing these computers hold their value.

The Perdix is my very first DC. The lack of audible alarms was one of the factors on choosing the Perdix. With all the beeping from my dive buddies DCs, I can't see how they know who's alarm is going off. I'm sure you'll enjoy your DC as much as I do.

I took my Perdix on it's maiden dive Monday. I have been using a Predator since 2011 and thought it would never get better than that. I was wrong, the Perdix is a sweet unit and will be on my wrist every time I dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom