Help with understanding Ship times

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anje77o

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, I'll be arriving in Grand Cayman on Thurs. 3/10 7am-4pm, coming from Galveston, TX. When I arrive on the island, is the times on my itinerary TX or GC times? I'm booking a 2-tank AM dive through the cruise that's from 7:30am-11:30am. Will I be able to schedule a SRC dive after and be able to get back to my boat on time? My diving location will be the west wall, can I make it to SRC then back to the boat? Kind of a difficult question, what times should I be looking at for SRC?

Just my opinion, but after your morning 2 tank dives, you are probably going to be hungry and want to rest a bit, then get back on the ship. We did the 2-tank back last year and that is what we did....I think it was close to noon when we got delivered back to port area. We were starving, so went to a place there to eat, have a beer, and that was it... the lines get long for the tenders, so don't wait too late to get in line.

my videos of the GC dives with the cruise ship op:

Dives were good, nothing overwhelming in difficulty, current was mild at best, at least half the people on the boat had just recently gotten certified so it was fine for them. Dive op was competent and DM was ok both dives.

Hello, I'll be arriving in Grand Cayman on Thurs. 3/10 7am-4pm, coming from Galveston, TX. ....

No way you can get in 4 dives on that schedule. However for reference, use a time converter (we do this all the time) to make sure. Typically the Ships in the Caribbean stay on the time of the port. Only once in 12 years and 20+ cruises have we ever had them change time. So just convert the port time (use the date and it accounts for daylight savings as well) to determine. BTW, We always make our reservations outside of the cruise ship. 1. Smaller groups, 2. don't cancel as often, 3, get to dive our profile. My very first experience was in the Caymans....ship cancelled all water activities but I did a one on one dive with the DM on flat water.

Last trip to GC we booked with Off the Wall divers. Very nice setup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom