San Diego Wreck Alley Is Not Reachable Due To Coming Storm. Alternatives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andre_17

New
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Need some advise. I'm arriving to San Diego tomorrow on Friday and had reserved a dive at Wreck Alley for Saturday, but 10 minutes ago I got a call from the diveshop. Saturday diving seems to be cancelled due to storm advise. The issue is I have to cancel whole my trip now but cancellation is too costly for me.

Need you suggestions - are any spots in San Diego and around that may be accessible when Wreck Alley is not?

What storm? I guess Saturday looks kind of choppy down in SD if you arent protected by the islands:
CDIP recent forecast fm_scb_xxx
But Sunday on looks pretty calm, maybe you could go out on sunday instead. I was planning to go out with the GF sunday am on a shore dive in Crystal Cove or Laguna. A bit north for you but maybe we could be convinced to do Scripps canyon or some other la jolla area dives. If you want to come up north on sunday let me know and I can give you a phone #.

If you must dive saturday I would hit la jolla shores as it doesn't look too bad
La Jolla Shores Surf Forecast

Back
Top Bottom