Great White Alligator Reef!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How wise is it to go in the water with it circling the boat? I'm thinking that sharks don't have hands, and I believe it's been said they sometimes mouth things to examine them. Getting 'felt' by a great white could be severely injurious, even if it didn't eat you. This isn't a shark that just swam post. It was circling.

Richard.

Yeah, the article made it sound as if the capt. got into the water to film, but the video appears like a camera maybe on a selfie stick?

But yeah... getting examined by a tiger/bull/white or anything over 12 ft would not be good probably.

Hard to tell if he was actually in the water or was using a stick, but at the end it looks like someone else is already partway down the ladder to take a look. Given the long frame my guess is it was shot with a phone in an Otterbox or something similar.

That setup, I'm not too worried. The guy is on the ladder, the viz is as good as you can ask for, and while the shark is circling it looks pretty damn chilled out. That's about as good a setup as you can ask for having a random white shark encounter.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom