Tool Kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ninelinegoby

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
im look for advice.... I'm looking for a tool set or kit for when I travel. Should I get one of the all in one sets or just make my own. Some open ended wrenched, Allen wrenches, ect.

what regulators do you have, and what are you comfortable doing?

a pair of small/thin adjustable wrenches, a set of metric and imperial allen keys, and an O-ring pick will allow you to do damn near everything on a regulator set. Add in a tank valve tool like the one from Deep Sea Supply and you can fix most of the things on the tank valves as well. Very small, and lightweight. Add in an adjustable pin spanner, some lube, and an IP gauge, and you can fully rebuild the Apeks style first and second stages

Atomic z3 main
Scuba pro mk2 r 195 on pony
I'm comfortable doing work on both. Already have o ring set cover everything and a pick

what regulators do you have, and what are you comfortable doing?

a pair of small/thin adjustable wrenches, a set of metric and imperial allen keys, and an O-ring pick will allow you to do damn near everything on a regulator set. Add in a tank valve tool like the one from Deep Sea Supply and you can fix most of the things on the tank valves as well. Very small, and lightweight. Add in an adjustable pin spanner, some lube, and an IP gauge, and you can fully rebuild the Apeks style first and second stages

I'll second this advice. When I travel I'll usually take an adjustable wrench (or two), allen keys, a screwdriver and one of those o-ring sets with in a mini scuba tank with a pick. For local diving I add in a set of needle nose pliers, diagonal cutters and a few other things in a drybox with batteries, zip ties, IP gauge, etc.

I have one that is essentially the innovative tool kit. I have added things to it as needed over the years, but that kit is a great starting point.

For save a dive kit, I have this one.

Amazon.com : Trident Deluxe Diver's Tool Kit Set Scuba Dive Diving Travel Camping Boating : Diving Valves : Sports & Outdoors

But I also like the looks of this one
Innovative Diver Tool and Repair Kit

You can certainly do individual tools but I like these as a small organized kit with case. Good for travel and I even throw it into my dive bag for boat trips.

Just a word of caution if you build your own, you should check the TSA restrictions or be certain to pack it in your checked baggage. I lost a couple of wrenches to TSA because they were to long and packed in my backpack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom