SSI schools / centers in Bali or elsewhere in Indo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martapoma

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

Would you be able to recommend any affordable and professional SSI schools / centers on Bali or elsewhere in Indo? I'd like to get more experience and certs.

Thanks! :)

Marta

PS I joined the forum a few weeks ago, after I got my initial Open Water cert in Koh Tao, but this is my first time participating. I just visited the Philipinnes and, after surfing for a few days, I did two great dives in Siquijor. I went snorkeling in Indo a few times in the past and it was amazing, and I'm now considering furthering my diving experience and certification there, since I heard it costs about the same as in Koh Tao.

(I first went to Koh Tao because I'd heard it's one of the cheapest places in the world to get started - I compared it with a couple other countries schools confirmed that hypothesis, but then someone mentioned they got their Master in Bali and doing a bit of research I too found it to be similarly priced as in Koh Tao)

Thanks, Rick, appreciate it, but I was looking for opinions (I have already searched for info online :) )

Hopefully someone else will drop by! :D

Cheers,

I used to dive with Baruna in Amed quite a lot (I did my AOW there and my rescue two years later) and they're a pretty good shop (there was a shop owner change inbetween, for the better). I think they're also SSI and they have pretty good accommodation. If you have your sights set on another region of Bali I can think about one or two other shops (one in Candidasa, which I would only recommend for advanced divers, and another on Nusa Lembongan but same thing, the dives are more challenging in the Lombok strait). With an OW, go to Amed and earn your AOW on the liberty :)

Hi - I can give you recommendations for Lembongan but since I used to work for a (non SSI) dive centre on that island I have sort of a conflict of interest so I don't want to make recommendations in public. If you want to send me a PM/conversation then I'll be happy to let you know who they are! :D

Cheers

Crowley

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom