Negril change of plans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More seriously, can you recommend any places to stay? My SO and I are thinking of going to Jamaica next January, and we care more about price than luxury. But I definitely want to dive.

More seriously, can you recommend any places to stay? My SO and I are thinking of going to Jamaica next January, and we care more about price than luxury. But I definitely want to dive.

We've been four times, and have always stayed at Couples Negril. It's a nice property, with an on-site dive op.

Samsara Resort (I'm not into posh, and enjoyed my stay there).

Consider White Sands, one of the original Negril beach resorts. A great location, realistic prices, and I think the Moo Young family still runs it. They will set you up to do anything you want, scuba included. A very special vibe, as we used to say in the old days.

If you go, give Henry my regards, assuming he's still around, same for his daughter and sister, who once told me my daughter was lovely. It wasn't my daughter, but that's how it was in old Negril.

We ended up reserving a trip to Roatan instead of Jamaica

Why the smiley face?
A mix of sarcasm/irony. Even in the most overfished waters, or sheltered of resort beach areas, there were plenty of sea urchins. Maybe I was being paranoid, but it got to the point where I wouldn't get in the ocean without my scuba boots.

As for where to stay - depending on what your price range is, I'd look at something like Apple Vacations' "Square Deals". They're usually package deals at an all-inclusive resort, including air fare, meals, etc. You can't pick which hotel, but you can pick the rating level. Apple uses them to get rid of "overstock" rooms and flights that the company would otherwise be stuck with. Vacation Express, Apple's big rival, has their own version.

Edit: Interesting - for some reason, I couldn't see your last post until I replied. Oh well. Have fun in Roatan!

I just.got.back from roatan last week. You made a great decision! Much better diving. Where are u staying?

Yeah we also liked Roatan much more than Negril. It seemed all we saw was sea grass.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom