Scubaboard Surge 2017 Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't wait. Cayman Brac has been on my list for a long time.

Me too!

Wife and I made it in as well. Flight is booked; will arrive @ CYB until 555pm. @ROXANNE , will we miss anything by arriving so late in the day?

The welcome party will not be till later in the evening, so your good!

For those traveling from the Midwest, I know that Cayman Air offers direct, cheap, short flights from Chicago to Grand Cayman and then on to Brac during the high season so you may be able to find flights for a January trip. And Cayman Air gives you 2 free checked bags too.

But they discontinue the flights from Chicago during the low season so we are flying on AA from ORD to CLT to GCM and CYB for $635 per person roundtrip.

For those traveling from the Midwest, I know that Cayman Air offers direct, cheap, short flights from Chicago to Grand Cayman and then on to Brac during the high season so you may be able to find flights for a January trip. And Cayman Air gives you 2 free checked bags too.

But they discontinue the flights from Chicago during the low season so we are flying on AA from ORD to CLT to GCM and CYB for $635 per person roundtrip.
Kathy,

We found United Airlines from Ord to Grand Cayman and Cayman Air to Cayman Brac.

Colin

Kathy, We found United Airlines from Ord to Grand Cayman and Cayman Air to Cayman Brac. Colin

I know that United also offers some direct flights from ORD to GCM in the high season but they also discontinue them in the low season.

I wish that at least one airline would offer the direct flights from Chicago all year round. Even if it were more expensive it would be worth it to save time and avoid the hassle and the increased chance of delays.

Last fall we went to Little Cayman and the return trip took 12 hours to just travel 1600 miles. We visited 5 airports and took 4 planes and that was the best option available! The trip home from Brac will be a little easier this year, we will have to take 3 planes and visit 4 airports.

It annoys me that it is such a hassle to travel from a major hub like ORD to GCM and then the sister islands. It took me 12 hours to fly direct to Korea from ORD last year and that was 6500 miles!

Brac has a larger airport than LC and it can accommodate all of CA's aircraft including jets - but LC's airport can only accommodate smaller planes like the Otter - and you often have to make a stop on Brac on the way to and from GCM.

In the past, CA has offered direct flights to Brac from Miami during the high season, but I don't know if that is still an option.

I know that United also offers some direct flights from ORD to GCM in the high season but they also discontinue them in the low season.

I wish that at least one airline would offer the direct flights from Chicago all year round. Even if it were more expensive it would be worth it to save time and avoid the hassle and the increased chance of delays.

Last fall we went to Little Cayman and the return trip took 12 hours to just travel 1600 miles. We visited 5 airports and took 4 planes and that was the best option available! The trip home from Brac will be a little easier this year, we will have to take 3 planes and visit 4 airports.

It annoys me that it is such a hassle to travel from a major hub like ORD to GCM and then the sister islands. It took me 12 hours to fly direct to Korea from ORD last year and that was 6500 miles!

Brac has a larger airport than LC and it can accommodate all of CA's aircraft including jets - but LC's airport can only accommodate smaller planes like the Otter - and you often have to make a stop on Brac on the way to and from GCM.

In the past, CA has offered direct flights to Brac from Miami during the high season, but I don't know if that is still an option.

I feel the frustration! Last time I stayed at Brac Reef, we took Cayman Air from Chicago to Grand Cayman and they were so late we missed our flight to Brac! Had to spend the night in Grand Cayman and took the Otter the next morning. In the past, we also had direct flights to Coz from Ord. Not anymore! Always a stop over in Dallas or Houston.

Woo Whoo!
We have a new thread and the SURGE 2017 Crew list is looking fine!
Offical Scubaboard Surge 2017 Crew List
Can't wait to meet all my adoring fans and make new ones!
Tee Hee!

I also heard that a Crew map will go up
once we get some of your locations confirmed.

I feel the frustration! Last time I stayed at Brac Reef, we took Cayman Air from Chicago to Grand Cayman and they were so late we missed our flight to Brac! Had to spend the night in Grand Cayman and took the Otter the next morning. In the past, we also had direct flights to Coz from Ord. Not anymore! Always a stop over in Dallas or Houston.

Some folks in the Cozumel forum do what they call "The Bag Drag". They fly to Cancun and then take the ferry to Cozumel. It doesn't sound like fun but I haven't tried it.

On a different note, I see from your avatar that you were in the Airborne in Viet Nam, thank you for your service.

Some folks in the Cozumel forum do what they call "The Bag Drag". They fly to Cancun and then take the ferry to Cozumel. It doesn't sound like fun but I haven't tried it.

On a different note, I see from your avatar that you were in the Airborne in Viet Nam, thank you for your service.

Thank you Kathy:)

"The Bag Drag" does not sound like fun:(. I have taken the ferry from Playa to Coz to dive and that was not fun. CVChief has a van driver that picks him up in Cancun and takes him to the ferry. Sounds like an easy process! Wife is already fretting over the "little" plane from GC to CB! She would never have gone to Saba with me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom