Advice On Action Cam For Underwater Footage Low Budget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nuno A

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Planning to do some footage with underwater action cam like Gopro or something. Just for fun already do photo in more serious way.

Don´t want to spend more than 200 € but want some cam that works and don't leak !!

Already take a look and its possible to find action cam from 50 € to 500 € or more.

Looking for some tips on this matter !!

Thank U in advance !!

I love my gopro 4.
I will use a red filter if in warm waters. I use a magenta filter in the great lakes. Generally no video light unless in a cave, in which case no filter.

Iam also using the Hero4. Good quality of the footage and very reliable for that price.
Just stay away from those cheap GoPro alikes!
I`ve seen 2 people on my last holiday with GoPro Clones that didn`t survive the first dive with their owners.
Just invest some more $$$ and you wont get dissapointed. Here is one example from my latest dives -->

You might wanna check out my other vids too.

Take a close look at the ActiveOn Gold CX - better specs than the best GoPro. Do a search - there are some side by side comparisons that show how good it is. Just over $200 (less than 200 euros I think). Also there is the ActiveOn CX for just over $100.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom