Tank Valve On/Off Indicator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know why I keep coming back here, every time I read something on scubaboard I loose faith in humanity with all of the divers yelling about how all other divers are idiots and endangering people's lives. SMH

Never heard of it.
Then why even comment on it?
but someone on a boat who doesn't know how to turn on a valve either had a terrible instructor or doesn't need to be there
I dive my LP120s either single back mount or double side mount. Consequently, one knob goes to the other side. I've had the reverse knob turned off by well meaning DMs twice now. Consequently, I have the indicator knobs on my side mount tanks and point out the color feature to the DMs so they will leave my tank alone.

I think they're great and wish all my tanks had them. FWIW, there are two different manufacturers out there. One's a knock off, but both seem to be well made.

XSSPV_4.jpg

Zombie Thread!!!!

But, since we are here again, I've added then to nearly all of my tanks, and will have them on every one eventually. One of the first places was the center isolator on my doubles..

Reactions: Jax
hmmm.... I wouldn't want to trust knowing my air was on to a colored band that could move.

Or to a buddy that might be colour blind.

If you do a proper self check when you set up your gear then this should be completely unnecessary. Tanks are either all the way open or all the way closed if you've done a proper self check. If it's not closed then it's open. right?

R..

Reactions: RJP
Zombie Thread!!!!

But, since we are here again, I've added then to nearly all of my tanks, and will have them on every one eventually. One of the first places was the center isolator on my doubles..

I noticed my LDS added them to all of their tanks (they did not have them last year).

I guess my opinion is that manufacturer's have quality escapes and defects, so I'm not going to solely rely on that color band. Just because it's green doesn't mean that you shouldn't check to see if that valve is open.

Or to a buddy that might be colour blind.

Red/Green are distinguishable to all forms of color blindness, that’s why they are commonly used for signage and signaling. Still agree you should do a full self check before splashing.

Red/Green are distinguishable to all forms of color blindness, that’s why they are commonly used for signage and signaling. Still agree you should do a full self check before splashing.

Hmm... the National Eye Institute would seem to disagree:

"Red-green color blindness is the most common... they generally have difficulty distinguishing between reds, greens, browns and oranges."

deuteranopia-color-spectrum.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom