May 2016 Roll Call... ¡Vámonos!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love drift diving! It's great not having to worry about navigation; the boat drifts along with you, and when you are done you just come up and there's the boat. I love going off the wall and just hanging there and letting the terrain go past me. There are few dive sites where there aren't numerous crosscurrent channels and large coral heads where you can duck down out of the current and stop when you want to.

Just don't fight it. Whoever coined the phrase "go with the flow" could have been speaking of Cozumel drift diving. I am somewhat spoiled by it.

My daughter and I did some "drift diving" in Jupiter FL a couple months ago and it was nothing like the drift in Cozumel where you just hang there and enjoy the ride. It was a great time and lots of sharks and turtles but really looking forward to warmer water and a 2mm shorty and the fins being for steering more than momentum.

I love the drift diving in Cozumel, one of the main reasons we picked Coz for this trip. I think she has a misconception of what will happen. I have told her she will be hooked once she gets in the water.

This trip is more relaxing, eat and drink then diving, but there will still be plenty of diving :)

Ive always wanted to trek down to Summersville and give it a try. Its about a four-hour drive. So not too bad for some decent diving.

I'm from western PA and when I've driven past Summersville I often think of kayaking and diving around the cliffs there.

I love that whole area of the state there is some amazing white water rafting 45 min away from Summersville as well. Makes for a great weekend and about the best diving you will find within a reasonable driving distance. Luckily I have some of the best freshwater diving in the world close to me here in Michigan but miss the mountains and I have rafted in PA on the Yough as well beautiful like WV. Of course the water is too cold now in MI and WV so Cozumel will be a great way to get some fun in the sun in until things warm up. I want to explore the Island since this trip[ there will be no worries about getting back to the cruise ship after the dives :).

Craigster,

I live about 1/2 hour from Ohiopyle and rafted the Yough too many times to count since 1974.

A few years back we visited the UP and paddled Painted Rocks and hunted for Lake Superior agates. That's a beautiful state you have there in Michigan. We absolutely loved it.

Counting down to May 4th. Cozumel here we come!

Craigster,

I live about 1/2 hour from Ohiopyle and rafted the Yough too many times to count since 1974.

A few years back we visited the UP and paddled Painted Rocks and hunted for Lake Superior agates. That's a beautiful state you have there in Michigan. We absolutely loved it.

Counting down to May 4th. Cozumel here we come!
I have a permanent souvenir from Ohiopyle those paddles really fly fast when you have a big wipeout :eek: and leave a permanent mark if your face gets in its way. Got me right above the eye and really could have used a couple stitches but that was out of the question under the circumstances.
If you ever get to the rocks again you should try the diving there its really great and water is warmer in the bay there than the rest of Superior so it can be done without a drysuit unlike most of Superior.

So, this is my first time diving in Cozumel. I'm very much looking forward to it (2 weeks to go) but I have no idea what to expect there. Anyone have some insight to share?

DWM may 1-7, with the gonsa michbucha (no idea what that means). need bubbles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom