Is there an April thread yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Casey, were they flowing north or south?
Neither VB nor Coral Princess dives were ripping. Current wasn't comfortable to swim against, but it was entirely possible.
You still in town?

@diverken374 Did two tanks at Maracaibo yesterday. Took a 38cm off the wall along with several of his friends there and the Shallows on the first dive (you know my keeping count...) and a 39cm off the Shallows on the second.
On the first dive, we were feeling casual and lazy, so when our bottom time was gone, we ascended to 50 and just drifted above for another 20+ minutes. I saw a fair-sized stand of stag horn coral (!) and so many huge healthy coral heads. I don't think I'd ever drifted above and toured Maracaibo for so long. It was amazing. I'd love to do that every time I'm out of bottom time there!
And my lionfish is waiting for me at Kelley's, to be ceviche and fried. :)
Hi Sal,
Yep, still in town until Wednesday, I did a beautiful dive on San Francisco yesteday PM with Sharif from Aldora, 80 minutes, 3 Splendid Toadfish. Very moderate current.
Didn't notice the direction of the current, I'm afraid.
You remember diving the east side in 2010?

Last edited:
What's to figure? We know that currents along the western shore of Cozumel are very variable from site to site, day to day, and time to time.
Sorry, ggunn, I guess I wasn't clear. I used the expression "go figure" to indicate that currents in Coz are in fact variable and hard to predict.
Sorry about your confusion.

Yes, I remember that trip, though I was lucky enough to dive the east side several times winter 2013 and a handful of times in 2014.

We should make a plan to get together while you're here!

Ah... Nice long dive with Sherief. Always a pleasure.

Hope to see you soon!

Sorry, ggunn, I guess I wasn't clear. I used the expression "go figure" to indicate that currents in Coz are in fact variable and hard to predict.
Sorry about your confusion.
I wasn't confused. :D

They were ripping last week. All the 3P guys were saying that is common in April. Granted they were less on some days, but still faster than I remember.

Yes, I remember that trip, though I was lucky enough to dive the east side several times winter 2013 and a handful of times in 2014.

We should make a plan to get together while you're here!

Ah... Nice long dive with Sherief. Always a pleasure.

Hope to see you soon!
How about Sunday evening at 7? La Choza?
That group in 2010 was a great group of divers. Prop Joe, Suprane(sp?) and a bunch of others. Great trip.
Anyone else in town interested in joining us?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom