Nudibranch Lovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I didn't make it, my ears werent quite ready from a cold I have been fighting for the past week. Hope you had a nice dive. Looking forward to the pics

Met Tjack and friend today. We have two new trolls! Tjack called it a freak zone! I dunno why.. LOL Batfish, stargazers, sea robins, pipefish, 7 armed basket star..
Did find one nudi, I think it was a cerabella tanna.
No camera for me today. We got to the spot to put on our fins. I looked at the camera and saw moisture on the inside. Figured better to be smart than lucky. Sans camera allowed me to look for critters for Tjack.
Fun dive. 153 min, 75° water temp. I have this little trek I do that is full of life, yet we don't usually run into many divers. The place was packed and we saw a couple divers early on, then again when we went through the area near the wall and boat channel. Other than that, we had the place to ourselves. woot!

Wow, what a critter freak show going on under the Blue Heron Bridge!!! Sea Robin, Batfish, octopus and one yet to be identiifed species of Nudibranch!

Thanks Jenny for making the first ever Nudibranch Lovers group dive a resounding success. ScubaJenny is an awesome guide full of enthusiasm and expertise, I think I got some good shots of Jenny with her octopus friend.

Hope to dive with you next time djtimmy, that is some local dive spot y'all have there at the BHB.

Photos to follow.......

Love it! freakshow!!!

Here is "Jenny's Nudibranch" from the BHB last Sunday.......

BHB Nudi 3 (3).jpg

it was no more than 1/3 of an inch long. As Jenny already suggested it appears to be a

Cerberllla tanna

The Sea Slug Forum - Cerberilla tanna

Are these common off Florida?

Good diving with you too! Let's do it again!

Speaking of Nudis, there has been an explosion of the lettuce greenies off Canon Beach in Pennekamp. We probably saw 30 of the cute beasties all over the place.

Here is "Jenny's Nudibranch" from the BHB last Sunday.......

View attachment 372772

it was no more than 1/3 of an inch long. As Jenny already suggested it appears to be a

Cerberllla tanna

The Sea Slug Forum - Cerberilla tanna

Are these common off Florida?

Nice. Based on the sand and shell debris, that was a "big" nudi for BHB. Haven't seen that one before...

eeehhhh.. about average.. 1/3" long maybe. I've seen some cerabellas closing in on the 2" range, and a lot of fablennias (sp) in the 1/4" range.. the tannis was out in the grassy area, which I thought kinda odd, not in the rubble..

Back
Top Bottom