Where are your car keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My ute tray has two locks with a regular key. Everything is packed away and locked up, I pop they key on my necklace and it's for a ride in the wetsuit. Works well!

Hi,
it has been seen in the distance past people don't have electronic car keys, haha.
Good for you, I had to hide mine around the car as diving pouches for keys won't hold bellow 20m,
B4e

There has been lots of input from folks with a key set up that solves the problem. Touch the door, it unlocks--rig the alarm so you can enter with it going off (then you have no alarm on when away)--cars with metal keys that aren't electronic (yeah, like they all used to be, that's solves the "wet key" problem)--safes with padlocks, etc.

Depends on what you have. Someone could see you are diving and somehow steal your whole car if they get the alarm off (or not?).

For a great deal of us though, I still think my "bury it" idea, or an old school magnetic key box hidden in a not obvious place stuck to the bottom of the car somewhere is best.

In a realtors combo lock that is locked to the tow hitch

I honestly love this idea the most, one just needs to have the hitch but if not most likely the rear suspension spring or something could be used instead. Love it! The box code should be stored outside of the car too I thought
regards
B4e

...//... For a great deal of us though, I still think my "bury it" idea, or an old school magnetic key box hidden in a not obvious place ...//...
Agree.

Don't hide it next to the car or anywhere near the car. Hide it where you get out and relax after your dive. Nobody will ever know...

Agree.

Don't hide it next to the car or anywhere near the car. Hide it where you get out and relax after your dive. Nobody will ever know...
Yeah, but you still have to worry about someone watching you being away from the car and burying it, stuffing it in weeds, etc. Depends on where you are too. Today I used the old "put it in a ziplock bag and under my flat rock (one that's always in the car) right by the car". But my dives were at Paddy's Head, NS and I was the only one there. Different approach for sure next month in CT--sorry Rich....

I like to mix it up. My most fav places are U/W. My GMC Envoy backup remote has been tested to two ATM (3 ATA). Forget that! Totally unnecessary.

Nobody will ever find it in the middle of the night in a foot of water...

I like to mix it up. My most fav places are U/W. My GMC Envoy backup remote has been tested to two ATM (3 ATA). Forget that! Totally unnecessary.

Nobody will ever find it in the middle of the night in a foot of water...
I assume you don't mean in Delaware Bay. I dived there once and couldn't find myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom