Hydro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RhodeDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am I wrong in thinking that over a month is to long for it to take to get my tank hydro'd? The shop's website says they do them in house.

If they do them in house that does sound long. But possibly the guy that does the hydro's only shows up once a month?

Call them and ask why. It would be better/quicker than people on the internet guessing why.

They actual test only takes about 5 to 10 minutes to do. With both shops I ran, we strived to have a 48 hour or better turn around. Of course in one location, the only other hydroshop had the philosophy of "we are the only ones here, take it or leave it". Their turn around was 1 to 2 months. Probably one of the reasons I took most of their buisness.

I drop my tanks at the local hydro shop. Usually it takes a couple of days. One time I got a call while driving out of town a few fours after dropping them off.

I did use a shop that took a month or so to get together enough tanks to make the four hour, one way, trip to get the tanks to a hydro facility. The LDS owner did give me the hydro shops card so I could take them myself if I was in a rush. I've been taking them in myself for over three decades now.

Bob

Well I got my tanks back after 5 weeks. I learned that they don't actually do the hydros at the shop even tho their website says otherwise. They don't call the customer about anything. I ask why it took so long to get me the tanks when the hydro was done in april and it was the mid may. They just had blank looks on their faces.

While I was waiting there was an instructor there who brought tanks in to be filled the previous day (he had left with them before he realized they were empty) and those were not filled. He did seem to be okay with the bad customer service.

Needless to say I won't be setting foot in that shop again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom