Is There Still Diving In Sharm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Bevan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi guys,

Me and couple of mates are heading over to Sharm for an r&r weekend and are wondering if anywhere is still offering diving. The dive centre we have used in the last seem to non respondant or closed down!

Is there still diving to be had? What are our options for this Friday?

Can't seem to get through to any dive centres!

Any help appreciated.

Dave

I'm not sure about diving, but we still can't fly to Sharm from the UK. I imagine the hotels have taken a massive hit and as most dive centres are linked with hotels, I wouldn't hold much hope. I'm only speculating, hope you get sorted. There are still liveaboards operating in the Red Sea, might be worth a phone call. Sorry I can't be more help.

I just returned from 2 weeks of liveaboard in the Red Sea. I dived for one day with Emperor Divers out of Port Ghalib (Marsa Alam) and had a good experience. Their location in Sharm El Sheikh appears to open for business. They offer some interesting dive options

Last edited:
Look into Easy Divers. They were a fantastic group to dive with when I went to sharm.

Thanks for the responses guys. I wasn't aware that the flying ban was still in force from the UK.

We are travelling from Saudi Arabia. I just e mailed emperor divers now. Let's hope they have something for us!

Thanks for the replys!

I'm not sure about diving, but we still can't fly to Sharm from the UK. I imagine the hotels have taken a massive hit and as most dive centres are linked with hotels, I wouldn't hold much hope. I'm only speculating, hope you get sorted. There are still liveaboards operating in the Red Sea, might be worth a phone call. Sorry I can't be more help.
I know the liveaboard (Whirlwind) that I am booked on for October is currently operating out of Hurghada where there are no flight restrictions atm.

Yea you can book on line at Hurghada but all the Sharm ones seem to say email for quotes. Anyway I've emailed all the places listed above and we'll see if anything comes back.

Yea you can book on line at Hurghada but all the Sharm ones seem to say email for quotes. Anyway I've emailed all the places listed above and we'll see if anything comes back.

Emperor appears to have online booking for all 3 of their open locations. I made my reservations online for my visit to Port Ghalib and it worked perfectly

Check out Camel Dive Club who has a 5 day special (2 dives/day with free nitrox) for 255 Euro plus 7 nights free in their hotel (breakfast included). Beat that!

Have a good trip.

GJS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom