Which Lcd To Buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dahodevil

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been videoing without the LCD and I am missing a lot of shots.
I would imagine the touch feature on the LCD is useless with the dive housing. Is that correct?
What do you guys use? The basic LCD without touch seems like a better option but I would like some feedback.
Thanks

Yes - LCD is useless with the dive housing

The touch is worthwhile if you are using the camera for playback above water, since you will have play, pause, buttons, etc. on the screen. Also makes changing settings easier (but obviously this can also be done via buttons)

I use the LCD with a Hero Black 3+. Can't use the touch while underwater, but can do so back in the boat out the case reviewing what I shot. Glad I got it.

Or just give it more time. I use a battery backpack instead of the LCD. After some practice I do not find it very hard to line up shots at all. Holding steady with surge is a bigger problem for me.

I use the basic screen and only turn the display on for close-ups. The wide angle catches everything else and can be centered and zoomed in via ciniform.

Thank you for the replies. I found the newest model screen at Walmart for 40.00 so I couldn't pass that up. Unfortunately it came with the newer smaller backdoor for the 3+ and 4 so gopro is sending me the door for the 3.

Back
Top Bottom