Amber Cove, Dominican Republic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raisekayn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Cruising to this new port in May, 2016. Based on a TripAdvisor search, there are good dive operators near Amber Cove for the land based diver but I wondered if anyone has used any dive operators there from a cruise ship.

Thanks for any information you can send my way.

Kathy N
Lithia, FL

Hey,

I'm also cruising and diving in May with a stop at amber cove however the reviews i read on amber cove dives didn't seem all that great so we are doing a shore dive in St Thomas and a 2 tank dive in Grand Turk instead.

Raisekayn and I are on the Carnival Valor on 21 May out of Canaveral. Anyone interested in linking up for a dive in DR? We exchanged email with several vendors and settled on Diwa Dive Center. They will provide all gear if you want, with nitrox and allow you to dive your computer profile. Prices include transport to and from the port. If anyone is on the cruise and would like to join us, please PM and we can coordinate.

Please post your experiences because this is a new cruise stop for many cruise lines. I am going to be there next year on a one day stop, and would appreciate any feedback. If I was going this year, I would dive it just to see a new dive location, and judge for myself whether or not is is worth going back. Thank you in advance.

Hey,

I'm also cruising and diving in May with a stop at amber cove however the reviews i read on amber cove dives didn't seem all that great so we are doing a shore dive in St Thomas and a 2 tank dive in Grand Turk instead.

Were the reviews just general diving in Amber cove, or diving while cruising? If off the cruise ship, booking through the cruise lines or separately? Thanks!

Hey,

I'm going to St. Thomas on a cruise next week. I'd like to do a 1 tank dive. What dive shop did you use? I'm already booked for Grand Turk.

Thanks

I'm going to St. Thomas on a cruise next week. I'd like to do a 1 tank dive. What dive shop did you use? I'm already booked for Grand Turk.

Thanks
We booked ours through the cruise line. I'm not sure of the name of the company sorry

I'm going to be stopping in while on the Carnival Magic Aug 21,2017.

Going to be diving with someone there just don't know who yet.

Thanks
We dive with Coki Dive Center. They do beach dives. If you want to do a boat dive, contact them before the cruise to see if you have time to go out with them on their boat. Irene

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom