Is There Still Diving In Sharm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Emperor appears to have online booking for all 3 of their open locations. I made my reservations online for my visit to Port Ghalib and it worked perfectly

Hi mate successfully booked with emperor divers for a boat trip on friday.

Thanks for all the help!

I did get responses from SUBEX as well so something must be happening. They just need to lift this stupid ban on european flights and everything will be good :)

Thanks for all the responses and take care and dive safe.

Dave

Emperor in Sharm is mothballed but will honour bookings if they get them. The physical dive centre is closed but they will respond to e-mails - and it will depend on numbers, they won't put out a boat for just a single diver.

As No. 1 Camel Fan Skulmoski says - Camel are still ticking over and have daily trips; the centre is open and as wonderful and professional as always. With the luxury of owning the Camel hotel they can include free accommodation with their diving, and it's by far and away the best deal out there.

You can also check out Elite Diving - a small family owned shop run by a friend and former employer - I think their small size is an advantage in this case. Great operation though - the only real downside is that they are based in Hadaba which is a 10 minute taxi ride out of the main Na'ama Bay centre.

Easy to fly from Saudi to Sharm no worries.

Just realised this may be a few days too late but info for others if necessary.

Cheers

C.

As No. 1 Camel Fan Skulmoski says - Camel are still ticking over and have daily trips; the centre is open and as wonderful and professional as always. With the luxury of owning the Camel hotel they can include free accommodation with their diving, and it's by far and away the best deal out there.
C.

That's funny! I did have a great dive holiday with Camel last spring and just came back from a terrible dive holiday with Orca (Mirbat) this spring so I am in the compare/contrast mode. I will likely return to dive with Camel in October if things keep going well at work.

Cheers

GJS

There were several dive operators on dive boats out of Umbi Bay (Tiran). Driving through Sharm and walking through N'ama Bay, it was easy to think we were the only foreigners in town. However, when you are out on the water, there are drive shops, though I imagine they are affiliated with the hotels still open (there were one or two at Umbi Bay, for example).

The situation in Dahab is much the same. There are very few tourists and a few shops focused on specialty diving and beginner training that snag most of the business.

Back
Top Bottom