Helo2 Not Going Into Data Transfer Mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TN-Steve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got a helo2 (out of warranty) that has decided that it no longer wants to go into data-transfer mode. I know the cable is good since I've tested it with another Suunto computer on the same PC and it worked just fine. I've also tried an entirely different cable with the same results.

Unless I've lost my mind, it used to go into data transfer mode automatically when you connected the cable, the Zoop used to require setting it to PC mode, but not the Helo2

I've contacted 2nd tier support, but am also hoping that somebody here might have an idea. Also, if anybody has an idea what the cost would be to have it repaired. (I suspect that it's not economically a good idea)

Other than that, it works just fine, and I can LIVE without being able to transfer data, but it is nice at times.

Thanks,

Steve

I hate the connection system Suunto uses on the Helo/Zoop. It sucks big time

Contacts have been dutifully and carefully cleaned, and no change. And I do agree, it's a bit of a fidegety system. Funny, because the Finns developed the Nokia phones, they do know how to make bulletproof.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom